Head unit replacement

Bronze Member
Username: Yungsta

Post Number: 23
Hi I am very curious about when should I update my head unit there is nothing wrong with my current one(alpine cda 7983) about 3 years old but wondering when its time to upgrade due to new technologies and performance any information would be appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1487
Wow, I just installed a 7893 into my father's car today. It is incredible for the amount of features it incorporates for the price.

If you must have it, the only improvement I can see is possibly upgrading to a unit with mp3 CD playing capabilities. Headunits with complex displays i.e. Biolight, Optimedia, Full Dot Matrix et cetera are only nice if you want to hear compliments from passengers, they do nothing for sound. Dolby Pro Logic is normally just a gimmick in my opinion unless you're watching a movie rather than having it decode from a two channel source.

You own a really nice unit. I don't see a reason to upgrade...

Bronze Member
Username: Yungsta

Post Number: 24
thanks alot your information made me more contempt with my headunit if sq stays the same and is still as good as more current headunits minus the features and gimmicks then its very fine with me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us