12w7 or re xxx

Bronze Member
Username: Lilbilly

Post Number: 29
hey ok neither of them r posted on there website for price i foudn out how much the xxx will cost but how much is that 12w7? also which one would be better buy for sq and thump

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 446
w7 is overpriced and overrated, get the XXX. Its not hard to find a price on JL stuff though, everyone and their brother sells JL online.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 805
and everyboddy and their momma wants it.
expect the w8 around this time next year. i'm betting that jl is going to lose a considerable amount of profit to these other onliners (soon to be commercials).

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9571
I think a 12W7 retails for around $799, and the 13W7 for about $999?
The XXX 12 is 369 for an old one, and the new ones will be about 470 or so, I'm told

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3999
The JL is overpriced. However, that sub in a HO vented box will sound very loud.

Bronze Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 20
You can find a 12w7 online new for around $500-$550. Personally everyone says the w7s are over hyped but I have never heard a XXX to actually know.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4000
Then the more reasons for you to try. It is an excellent sub for the money.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9596
buying a W7 online though voids any JL warranty.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4004
That reminds me of CrappyShop and CrappyBuy (BestBuy) that sells products 2x-3x the value in Canada. They're telling the consumers to either buy from eBay for more than half the price and have no warranty or get robbed by them, and in return, you get 1 year warranty. Then they try and tack on 3 year extended warranty for $150, but the catch is, the 1st year is only covered by the manufacturer.
All a scam.
Perfect example is RF's amp. It costs $350US, in Canada, they sell it for $900 plus 15% taxes. So you end up paying almost $1100.

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 154
Get an Eclipse TI for 355 at www.electronicgiant.com Its up there with the heavy hitters.

ICEEMAN
Unregistered guest
JL = Overpriced
RE = Pure Quality at low price

The XXX is one of the best subs that you can get and around half the cost of the W7.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us