Need help please.......FRUSTRATED.

Bronze Member
Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 50
i studied and studied. man i thought i had it down, lol. well i hooked mydeck and ipod adapter yesterday and it seemed o.k (no sound yet of course). hooked speakers amps and subs up. power, ground, remote turn on, rca's, speaker wires. i hooked everything up accept the power. cap and ground cuz they were already there from previous system. but the speaker wires rca's and remote turn ons are new.

well, i went to add the battery fuse which is a 80 (previously a 60 which worked fine before). and the think made a huge snapping spark and i immediately with drew of course. fuse still looks fine, but obviously theres something wrong. please help, man. this is my first time and i thought i did everything right.....

Anonymous

ive made sparks big enough to leave marks on the lead battery terminals..
and i cant remember if that was before or after having the stereo equipment
if the cap has a charge thats part of the reason
other ppl say its just a good battery
i always get nervous hooking the battery back up cause the spark is so big

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
so it's supposed to spark???

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4019
Anytime you disconnect or connect a battery post/wire, you will get a spark. All that means there's a load, drawing power. This is normal. Now if the capacitor you mentioned was discharged completely, then it needs to be charged again before power is applied. If not, you will get very big sparks.
Try this, unhook the capacitor and put in the fuse. If you still get a huge spark, then something's shorting. If not, then charge the capacitor.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
i just tried to install fuse again with very minimal to no spark. fuse wasn't broken so it looked good. now the deck works and reads the cd, but i have no volume.........

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
guess i should say theres absolutely no sound from speakers.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us