Dual '05 Kicker CompVR

Jason Freddricks
Unregistered guest
First off, I have about 1000 dollars to spend...
Here's my system config as of now:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P770MP (4v)
Speakers: Infinity Kappa 63.5i
Amp: Power Acoustik Plasma TS1920-2
Bass: Dual '05 Kicker CompVR 12"

I was looking for a clear answer to whether or not this system will fit together. The one amp will power both subs. I'm not amping the speakers. Basically I want to know... Will this system bump rock/reggae? Thanks for your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Deezel

Post Number: 26
Personally, I think this system will be fairly loud, but I don't think it will have much SQ, save for the infinity speakers.

If I were you, I would go with a little more money and get two IDQ's from Image Dynamics. They won't be as loud, but they will sound really nice. Plus, the work well in smalled sealed enclosures.

I think sounddomain has a 12 IDQ for less then 200 dollars. Plus, sounddomain price matches, so if you find it cheaper on a regular seller of the product (ebay not included,) they will match it and take 5 percent off of the match.

Also, I had a power acoustik amp in my old pickup, and while it lasted three years solid, it was highly overrated by the company.

Try the Kicker KX600.1, you can find it at discountsjungle. com for like 279, and then price match it at sounddomain and get it for like 250-260.

Also, and trust me, I hate to be crapping on your parade, but buying those expensive kappa speakers and not amping them is a huge waste. If you don't want to buy a speaker amp, you can nab a pair of infinity references for a lot cheaper (unless you plan on amping them later). This will free up money for you to get those IDQ's.

Silver Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 176
well ive got the 05 cvr's, and they are loud as hell, got them in a dual chambered sealed box, 1.2 cu ft per chamber and they just pound away, they were just amazing when i hooked them up they shake my whole car, not to mention friends tell me they can feel the bass in their cars when next to me. and also a side note these subs have great sq they are a sql subwoofer. ive only got mine hooked up to a audiobah 8002t amp, 2ohm on each channel, so yeah they arent really getting an actual 400 watts each
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us