Another Question For glass

Username: Xxcodytxx1

Post Number: 9
Well i decided to dump the equalizier and go with another amp soley for the subwoofer. In oreder to hook up the second amplifier all i should need is, another amplifier, a power distribution block, another amp wiring kit and another set of rca cables. The first amp is hooked up to the HU, I understand how to hook up the power, ground, and remote wire from the second amplifier, but what about the rca's? Would you suggest Splitters or what. Take into account i only have 4 Rca inputs in the back of my stereo, which are all taken up by the first amp.

Post Number: 10
P.s. another question. What do you think of the setup i have in mind..... I currently have a JVC KD-G710 HU, 2 four inch infinity kappa series loudspeakers in the front, 2 3 way infinity kappas behind the bench seat in my truck, these being run by a 4 channel infinty reference amp with 120 watts rms power per channel. The Sub(a 10" kappa perfect 10vq with 800 watts rms 1400 peak) and is run by a 600 watt rms class d reference series infinity amp
I Know i am an infity guy, only becuase i get accommadations through my work (circuit city) P.s. I was thinking of buying an mtx 10" thunder sub becuase of accommodations, would that be better than my current?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8931
personal thoughts? the sub isn't my favorite, and your front stage is weak while the rear fill is totally unneeded in a pickup.

I'd switch subs, dump the 6x9s, and bridge the 4 channel amp to drive a good set of separates in kickpods or front doors.

that's me

the best way to handle splitting up the RCA signals is with a crossover, like the Coustic XM3 or similar

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
the guy in the roadshop suggested running a pair of 3 foot rcas from the sub amp to the summed output on the 4 channel amp.......

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
p.s. what door speakers would you suggest? Keep in mind I only can mount 4 inch.....

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8941
nothing in 4" is going to work well. too small.
you want 5.25" or 6.5" separates in fiberglassed kickpods or in the doors, but the doors involve cutting holes or more fiberglassed pods.

if your sub amp has a pass0through, you can daisychain the amplifiers, sure.
not all amplifiers offer that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what 5.25 inch speakers would you suggest? I dont really Want to cut out much more space if its not neccassary and a custom pod would not look right because i have a fully restored 71 chevrolet pickup

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8961
well.. decide if you want good audio, or a totally stock looking truck.

I used fiberglass in my 66 charger and it's pretty stealth. it's easy enough to cover the pods with cloth so they match the interior ya know

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
oh so its not the plastic fiberglass look, you can cover it with matching cloth, and it will not dampen or anything? Also I just ordered some of the infinity kappa series speakers.....

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8979
sure, ya just use 'sonically transparent' cloth. same stuff you use for speaker grille cloth on home speakers, but you can get it dyed in colors to match the car interior.
sans that, haed liner material works, too. It's very common to use for door opanel material in fact.
you just stretch the cloth over the pods, and fasten or glue it up behind the pod.. once the pod is mounted it blends right into the car or truck.
looks entirely stock.. in fact you don't even have any ungainly black speaker grilles showing.
(UI prefer to paint those anyway if they do show.. I hate black grilles all over a car)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Well I have One more question. I just Got My second amp in, ive hooked my speakers up, Ive Mounted the other amp, Now My question. I have a 2 farad capacitor With a distribution block on top, The distribution block consists of 3 negative terminals, and three posotive. This is my thought, Power wires from both amplifiers, and 1 Fused wire to the engine. And then 2 ground wires to the cap, and one ground wire to chassy. My final question, can I run 4 gauge wires in the cap, and four gauge wires to the engine? or do I need to run 8 guage in the cap, and 4 guage out?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
also can i install a toggle switch on the remote wire for the second amp? to turn it on and off as i wish? If so what requirements must match The 600 watt rms amplifier?

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 69
well cody what you can do for the remote wire is run it to the amp that you want on at all times then run the remote back to where you want the toggle switch then just run it back to the second amp and your mids amp will stay on at all times and your lows amp can go on or off and dont run the negative from the cap and negitive from the amps to the same part on the chassy put it on diff parts and ca you send me a pic or model # for the cap I want to see the D-block on to to see if it will work right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us