How do spl subs sound like sh!t?

Anonymous

what exactly do you mean? Do they sound distorted, is the bass just run together? please specify. I was wondering because this dude i work with has got two 12" L7 square subs and just thinks he has got the loudest stereo on earth. I just want to shut him the f*ck up. I am going to run three 12"s, but i still want quality. Any sub suggestions appreciated. Dont have thousands of dollars but enough to show him up.

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 514
they are meant to be loud, not clean

SPL subs have more of a rumble when the bass hits,the bass is not as defined. SQ subs sound have cleaner bass, that is tighter, it doesn't drag the bass like most SPL speakers. (or at least the ones i have heard)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3890
the transient response of a spl sub is dull, they are meant for test tones not music.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 818
one of my buddies had a pair of 12" american bass subs. don't remember hat kind but they had a titanium cone and a fat foam surround and they were loud as hell. kinda sloppy but i thought they sounded pretty good. He got greedy and bought one of their 15" VFL competition subs (for $649 hell for that price he could have bought some really nice 12's) but anyway he got that 15 and he hats it. The thing is loud but it sounds horrible. just plain awful

Silver Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 158
i read on this site some were that kickers are good sq as well as for spl i have some and they are loud and i think they sound really good for price but must say have not heard alot of differnt speakers well good ones that you can get in the states anyways but never heard anything bad them besides the squres hope that helps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us