P imp My Ride

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 71
i just watched p imp my ride
holy hell

usually the use sh***y a** sony audio crap

the put a 22" inch MTX Jackhammer Sub (first car in the world to have one -HAHA-) in a car
Powered buy 5 MTX amplifiers totalling 6000 WRMS of power [Holy Sh**]
http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/jackHammer.cfm

they even went so far as to put a decible meter in his car (so as not to bust his eardrums) with a warning light when he got above 100 db - which it reached very easily

One of the few P imp My Ride show with quality audio

(but they also gave him a pair of BOSE noise cancelation headphones -HYPOCRICITAL- lol haha)

Username: Anacard

Dimond Bar, CA United States

Post Number: 7
i was going to say the same thing ...but they did not tell you what alt they gave him i like..it funny like pushing 90 amp alt lol

muddywaters
Unregistered guest
what kind of car was it?

Bronze Member
Username: Shadow1290

Fayetteville, GA USA

Post Number: 75
http://www.thetrue22.com/

This Link is a lot more imformative

[(just happened across this link)]

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 361
Above 100dB!?!??!?!?!? WOW, it didn't think a JackHammer with 6000w running to it could ever hit that?!?!?!

Seriously, that is just stupid.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 414
wow 100db, my kicker comps hit 126 with 200 watts, that sub better hit 100db doing a 1hz test tone.

Silver Member
Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 105
I doubt they turned it all the way up with them in.Especially when the subs magnet is at there ear.When i was watching didnt look like it was cranked.They had something called a "ridiculious bass meter" LOL! Turned on when he hit 100DB LMAO!

Anonymous

ya thats weak my sony explodes does 200db's with only 1000 watts

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 153

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 80
uhhh....and let me guess, your pixy fairys also rotate your tires and change your oil everyday when you get home from working at willy wonkas chocolate factory.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3833
lol

Bronze Member
Username: Mbenz10

Post Number: 24
Rediculously over the top.......

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 352
I'll get an eclipse pro and blow that sh!t out the water.
note: changed my name lol

keepitreal
Unregistered guest
you shouldn't hate something you've never heard. Over the top? Hell yeah! That 22 is meant to be over the top. Sure, 100db is nothing. Don't be stupid...anyone that knows anything should beable to figure out that over 6,000 watts will create much higher SPL numbers. This sub is the real deal...all the parts on that sub are that big for a reason...They need to be to handle that much power(more power than any single amp can make), move that much air and keep control of the massive cone.

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 89
I saw tht p imp my ride episode too I was impressed
They usually make pimpa$$ cars with sh*tty systems but that was the best thing i have saw on their since 2 orion 10s Im talking bout quallity not size

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 90
i wonder waht size alternator it had....
I saw it had a optima yellow top

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3849
its re-running again right now.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3850
they ran 6 capacitors, and 6 yellowtops with 8500 watts but no alt upgrade that is some funny SH!T

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 721
Is the sub running free air? Not to mention all that crap in the trunk rattling like a rattle snake.

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 536
.. money can't buy common sense.. but it can p!mp your ride... just... by idiots who can afford it.

jungala
Unregistered guest
actually jbl makes an amp that produces 6,000 watts

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 395
dang, how big, and how much does that amp weigh?

prolly costs like 2 grand or more

Muddywaters
Unregistered guest
It retails for a dollar a watt($6,000)
Dimensions(H x W x D) 6-1/2" x 29-3/8" x 23"

Gold Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 1064
I know zapco has an amp that puts out around 4,000 watts that could probably push it nicely and if not soundstream has one that puts out 5,000.

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 365
sh!t, I'll get 2 earthquake amps for half the price and still have the same wattage.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 401
haha yea i thought it would be more, but i remember seeing a post around here claiming he got that amp for 1200$, so i thought it would be around 2, 3 grand

i wonder how many batteries it takes to run that
anyone got a link to it?

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 383
http://caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0205cae_crown/

RT59SPL13.5W7S4000+
Unregistered guest
they make a us amp that puts out like 10,000w but im not a fan of us amplifiers i would go with 2 zapco 4000w amps to each voice coil and a enormous vented enclosure tuned at like 42hz or so in a dodge magnum with a 250amp alt and more like 8 yellow tops or some kind of deepcycle batt 900 or higher that way you would keep it around 14v all the time and you would have a serious SPL car (wagon)

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

I think P!mp my ride is starting to go downhill they are getting ridiciulous w/ stuff and some of that stuff sucks. I would be pissed if i was the girl who got the frickin vegetable bar and and like 2 no name brand 10's and this dude gets that ridiculous sub. It seems like the cars are getting crappier and the "P!MPING" is gettting more over the top. lol I definatley did not like that one corolla who had the monitors on the outside on each corner. You's think people would steal that in a heart beat i think that was a bad idea for a daily driver.

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 168
is there a price on that jackhammer

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 11
scroll up to my last post

Bronze Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 12
same price as the 6,000 watt Jbl Amp

Bronze Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 13
the dimensions are not for the sub

Silver Member

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 404
Still a big @$$ amp.

Bronze Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 19
oh yeah, it's huge

Bronze Member
Username: Bassss

Post Number: 46
i dont even think they made a box they just damped the trunk an faced the sub in the trunk wit no box.

Bronze Member
Username: Jechapk

Post Number: 19
i saw this last night or the night before....it looks like the electrical system is lacking...
under 12 volts if i saw correctly (well thats what was on the caps)
like 11.5-11.9
they should have thrown in at least 2 200-250 amp alternators...

did they replace the engine, because another 700-800 lbs is really going to drag him down in that POS car

well i cant say much about that as i have an 88 olds ;[

hes gonna be pissed when he gets home and tries to leave only to find he cant start his car

Bronze Member
Username: Jechapk

Post Number: 20
wow as i look at the amps more carefully, two of em strapped has a 300 amp draw...they put 4 in there so uh yeah

Bronze Member
Username: Zero43

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 87
Makes you wonder if the guys really know what their doing....
I know one thing he better have video surveillance, gps, or something because if I were a smart car theif Id have that car down to a shop in less than a week

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3874
yup they said he was the only car in the world with that sub(not including MTX's vehicle) That is prob already gone. He would be lucky to get 1 weeks worth of listening before his car gets flat bedded.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 341
Yeah but if someone does steal it I think it would be very easy to find out. Im sure MTX is keeping a list of purchases for that sub. So someone who steals it is basically retarded.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3875
yeah true!

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 358
But what it will happen and when it does it will end up on the news. It never fails. There are plenty of dumbasses out there. The question is which one is the stupidest to actually complete the task.

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Well I was speaking of the car in general.
MTX cant keep trck of where all those subs are if someone stole it and sold it on the street it could even end up in another country for all we know.

And I bet if you give it time every basshead who has a decent job is going to try and get one

Bronze Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 23
Is it really that hard to get ahold of one of those subs???

Silver Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 107
i sent an email to MTX about the jackhammer, and they sent me a pre written email back is two days. it cost 7,500 dollars, and the rest was just advertisments we already know (a MASSIVE 369 lbs...yeah yeah yeah)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
That is extremely not worth it in my opinion. You could get so many MT's and blow that thing out of the water.

Does anyone know aprox how many people actually own them at the moment??

Bronze Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 93
They havent formally been released I guess i should say.
Casey post their reply.
UPH you never know....
I have seen to 18 in MTs get beat by 1 9515 but there are so many installer factors that could change that outcome so....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Yeah, that is true. A poorly made enclosure and the vehicle would have to be two of the main factors.

runit
Unregistered guest
the sub isn't in production yet.

Ivand
Unregistered guest
XX MAXXIMUS makes 10k RMS, just gooogle it

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 105
it is it just isnt available to the the average citizen.
thetrue22.com
Dont know why but mtx made a website dedicated to it but unfortunatley most of it is still under construction.

You know if I am able to get this insurance claim from this car wreck i will get one just to let you guys know what it sounds like. lol

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 386
i would get 2 treo ssx 15's 2,500 watts rms each, and the 5,000 watt soundstream amp, and make your head bleed lol

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 112
that reminds me i meant to start a thread about those

how is the sound quality on those

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 392
not sure, the only SSX's i have heard were 2 with 4,000 watts rms on them, and 3 with 2,000 watts on them, they are meant mostly for SPQL if you will, that meaning they don't sound bad, but they get really loud! lol

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 113
How much are they
How would you rate their SQ as compared to other drivers

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 397
the SSX 12's are $700
the SSX 15's are $800-$850
the SSX 18's are $1000

they are not really Sound Quality Drivers, but if you want really loud bass, that doesn't sound like crap, they are a great product

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 398
they also are not cheap, but they are built very well and come with a 3-year dealer installed warranty:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 399
*3-year dealer installed warranty*

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 400
they are not warrantied sold over the internet, something about they want you to have the best customer service when dealing with their products, and professional advice, so they only warranty them if you buy them from a dealer

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 401

quote:

Treo Engineering is also deeply committed to the specialty retailer. Our autosound products require the utmost attention to bring out their maximum potential. We feel that Internet resellers are not able to provide the level of service and support our customers require and deserve. As such, Treo Engineering expressly forbids the sale of our products over the Internet. Treo Engineering speakers sold over the Internet have no warranty, no matter what the seller claims.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 114
I am looking for good not perfect loud bass but.... not at that price. Would you see it as worth the price.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 402
there are other speakers out there that would give you the bass you want for less money, but the Treo's are among the top-of-the-line subs
http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/default.asp
http://www.reaudio.com/html/
http://imagedynamicsusa.com/page.php?page=products#
these are all very goos subs for a lot less money that hit plenty hard:-)

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 403
http://www.eclipse-web.com/speaker/index.html#sub
http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/
these are two other companies i didn't mention, but i figured that somebody would say "well what about these" so i figured i get that out of the way by posting them lol

Silver Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 115
http://www.incriminatoraudio.com
http://www.ascendantaudio.com
Some more subs. Ascendant Audio is sold out right now though.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 115
well i have the mtx9515
yeah i know about AA they still wont tell when their new stuff is coming out they just give details... damn teasers lol
got sm unofficial price quote for the jackhammer
from a unauthorized dealer he said around $2k

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 116
well i have the mtx9515
yeah i know about AA they still wont tell when their new stuff is coming out they just give details... damn teasers lol
got sm unofficial price quote for the jackhammer
from a unauthorized dealer he said around $2k

runit
Unregistered guest
not 2K....try 6K...your "unauthorized dealer" doesn't know what he's talkin' about.

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 240
for 6 K why not get some RE mt's for a fraction of the price, i bet 2 or 3 18'' would smoke that 1 sub.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 120
unauthorized dealers dont sell at msrp
Let me put it this way they sell at ebay prices

Dz you really dont know that for sure do you because you havent heard it before besides it would be out of curiousity

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 121
a tidbit of info that was sent to me

Thank you for your inquiry about the Biggest, Baddest, Boldest subwoofer ever released, the MTX JackHammer. The JackHammer, otherwise known as the True 22 is for the players who know the game. The men and ladies who live life to the fullest. The VIPs who know what the party is all about. It's bass like you have never heard or seen. A woofer you have only dreamed of and never imagined would actually hit the street.

The following will answer your questions and provide some additional detail about the JackHammer. If you determine the JackHammer is for you, we want to know about it, so please e-mail or call us so we can put you in touch with an MTX Elite Dealer. Or, possibly the JackHammer is not exactly what you were looking for, but you would like to learn about or purchase other great MTX products designed by the same engineers. Either way, please contact us so we can point you to an appropriate MTX retailer that will feed your need for the Biggest, Baddest, Boldest Bass!

Answers To Your Questions About JackHammer:

Q. What is the cost of the JackHammer?

A. The woofer itself is an MSRP of $7,500.00 each.

Q. When will the JackHammer be available to order/purchase?

A. The JackHammer is scheduled to become available in limited quantities the end of August and will only be available from MTX Elite Dealers. For serious inquiries, please e-mail HYPERLINK "mailto:mtx@mtx.com"mtx@mtx.com or contact 1-800-CALL-MTX and you will be referred to an Elite Dealer.

Q. Why did MTX design such a woofer?

A. JackHammer is all about excess! It is the 1st commercially available True 22" woofer for mobile audio enthusiasts who only want the best. Learn more at HYPERLINK "http://www.thetrue22.com/"www.thetrue22.com

Q. How loud will it play?

A. Its output level is equal to 7 of the MTX Thunder9500 12's! And it requires less enclosure volume than the total volume needed for the seven Thunder9500 12's. For more info visit http://www.mtx.com/featured/index.cfm

Q. How is it going to sound and will it perform up to its expectations?

A. The sound quality of the JackHammer will equal or exceed other high quality subs, even MTX's Thunder 9500's and also plays lower. It is sensitive, reacts very fast to the signal it is given and can play very low while maintaining a tight punch.

Q. What MTX amps should be used to power the JackHammer?

A. We recommend using four Thunder TA81001's or two Thunder TA92001's. Electrical upgrades to the vehicle will be required to meet the electrical current requirements. Check out http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/indexSuper.cfm for more details.

Q. What vehicles would the JackHammer fit into or can be installed in?

A. It will fit in most full size SUV's and any appropriate vehicle in a custom installation.

Q. How much does the JackHammer weigh?

A. The woofer itself weighs 369 lbs., but keep in mind, the typical SUV it will be installed in is designed to haul much heavier loads.

Q. Is it going to be offered in a pre-fab enclosure like the 9500 SledgeHammer?

A. Yes. A single woofer in its specifically designed SledgeHammer enclosure has an MSRP of $10,000.00

Q. What if the JackHammer is not right for me, but I am interested in other great MTX products?

A. Visit HYPERLINK "http://www.mtx.com/"www.mtx.com , call 1-800-CALL-MTX or locate your nearest MTX retailer at http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/dealer.cfm

Silver Member
Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 247
wow i cant imagine spending 10 grand on a box.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 124
well its 2.5k but still thats a hell of alot of money. that box must weigh at least 150lbs to be that much. I cant even see it worth it any vehicle unless you have a hummer or another vehicle of that stature.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9222
waste

of

money

I could build a cheaper, louder system with better SQ using less airspace and equal power, and equating to less total weight.
Shades of the audiobahn 36" subwoofers that flopped.

robert d r d r d
Unregistered guest
audiobahn was designing a 36" woofer .. wtf ... lol do u got any pics or specs on it

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 128
and used think 18s were overkill....

runit
Unregistered guest
GlassWolf, do you also think a Rolex is a waste? or a Bentley? A lot of people don't. They are the ones in the market for that sub.

Silver Member
Username: Fastbastard1977

Lousiville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 177
theres a shop in losiville that has one of those audiobahns on the counter. i thought it was fake but its real an it works. but looks nothing like the jackhammer.

Silver Member

Kyle, TX USA

Post Number: 134
get a picture of it

runit id have to agree with you there it really wasnt for us working class citizens so they can get away with charging that much for it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us