Attn:Glasswolf or Jonathan

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 91
I recently just bought a pair of Jl audio XR components and i was wondering if you guys think i could run them off my alpine head unit for a couple of months. I am planing on getting an amp eventually. Would the speakers be damaged in any way if i put them in now w/ no amp and would the sound be noticeably louder than what i currently have which is infinity reference speakers all around(6 1/2,2 ways up front and 6x9, 3 ways in the back) all running off just the head unit. As far as amps go I am looking at a rockford amp(just wanna keep the amps all in the family) which does 40x4 would that be enough power to run the xr components and my 6x9s in the back. I know 40 watts isn't much but i think it would be a lot better than just the head unit.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9192
sure you can run the fronts on the haed unit, but you won't hear that much change from the infinity speakers without an amp.
once you get the amp either get one that puts a lot more power to those XRs, or skip the amp on the 6x9s and bridge it to run just the front stage
better results that way I'd think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us