Clarion DXZ946MP

Username: Hash

Post Number: 1
Hey guys,

I can get a good deal on a DXZ946MP clarion head unit but i havent heard much about Clarion before. Is there anyone out there that can vouch for this deck? looking for SQ, reliability and least important looks (performance over looks), although, this unit looks prety nice, need to know about the performance.

My first choice would be an eclipse deck as iv heard nothing but greatness from the brand, but i can get a good deal on this deck so any help would be greatly appreciated, so i need some input on some pros cons before buying.

Thanks guys.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1454
The Japanese version of the DXZ945MP? The DXZ945MP is an excellent headunit, one of my favorite. I'm currently using it (I've tried many, many other decks so I'm not biased). Have had it for three or four months and it still looks and performs like brand new. It's definitely going to last a while by my experience with other/older Clarion headunits.

Pros: Just look at the features list. 24bit DAC, touchscreen with full motion graphics-also making text easier to read-mp3 capability, a great deal of RCA input/outputs (I was using the internal amp at one point-it sounded great-but now am using it on a pre-amp only basis). The build quality feels excellent, it is a very solid headunit.

Cons: You can't combine some sound-shaping options with others i.e. I can't have the HPF on at the same time the Dolby Surround mode is on. Not too big of a deal for me, personally. The remote is still the same they've been using, I don't mind it, but it is beginning to look outdated...

To conclude, yes, definitely worth buying. Simply put: it's outstanding.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us