Zapco setup

Username: Maz66

Post Number: 5
The system I want to build is based on two Zapco amps. A Zapco Ref350.2 to drive Infinity Kappa Perfect components for the front stage and most likely a Zapco Ref500.1 for a single 10" sub (undecided yet). I wish to utilise Zapco's Balanced Symbilink Signal cables however the problem I am facing is that my HU only has left+right preouts and no sub preout. To combat this I was planning on getting a Zapco equalizer/preamp such as the SX-SL since it has a crossover with Symbilink outputs for a sub and frontstage components, however it is a bit out of my price range. The next signal processor down the range is the SP7-SL (which I can afford) however it only has a single Symbilink output and without a seperate Symbilink compatibale crossover to send bass frequencies to the 500.1 it is pretty much useless to my cause. Can anyone suggest a solution to my dilema?

Any help is appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9154
save up for the SX-SL?

Silver Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 144
Get a better HU.

Username: Maz66

Post Number: 6
Even if I do get a good HU with sub preout I won't be able to control the sub gain with the SP7-SL since it only has one output. I am thinking of getting the SP7-SL to only control the front stage and perhaps a seperate Symbilink line driver for the signal path to the 500.1 and buying a seperate sub gain control module for the 500.1. Or perhaps getting an SP4-SL which from memory does have sub gain and sub ouput (correct me if I'm wrong). Any thoughts?

Thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us