Subwoofer problem

Username: Makaveli187

Post Number: 2
i have homemade subwoofer boxes that i opened up today to find that the outer edge of the cone has came undone from the metel frame or basket i think its called i was wondering if anyone knows how to seal it back down any thing helps
thanks

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 250
can you send it back to the company that makes it and have them fix it?

Post Number: 3
i dont think so because i got it from a friend so i have none of the paperwork or nothing and plus its a decently older model its a older kenwood excelon that have the give db+ on it

Bronze Member
Username: Cnafets

Post Number: 26
Are you talking about the surround at the top of the sub, the soft part? You can use tough as nails nail hardner on that.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 254
you can send it back regardless if you have the paperwork or not, the only good the paperwork would do you was if it was still under warranty

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Better yet, you can use epoxy or send it back.

Post Number: 4
yea its the rubber part around the top ring that the screws go through the sealant that hold it to the metal ring has came off somehow i just needed to know what was the best to hold it down because i will prolly get rid of it anyway

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Didn't know it was that kind of tear. I guess you could still use the epoxy or contact cement.

Silver Member

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 256
use epoxy and sell that b!tch to some punk!! j/k lol

astrosafari
Unregistered guest
jensen subs come with the seal sepeperate some times, i have 1 that had come seperate unless it also came off but i figure if u jest put it between the wood and sub and screw it down tightly it will be just fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us