Glasswolf

Anonymous

What do you do for a living???

it seems like all you do is car audio, just curious if you did this for a living or maybe just like to compete as a hobby or something

HAHA just curious (probably not the only one who wondered)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4662
he is a master installer, lol, check out www.wickedcases.com, its his site, should show you everything

Username: Aloehr

Post Number: 1
Ok Master Installer...that's awesome...
I've just bought a Mazda 6 and apparently there isn't a car audio business around that is willing to tinker with the stereo. Can you connect my subs and amp directly to the factory head unit? One installer told me I needed an "adapter". Is this accurate?

Anonymous

yea most likely but they are cheap

Post Number: 2
What is this part called?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3407
It's called a LOC, line out converter.

Post Number: 3
Wow...guess you DO know what you're talking about :-) Any recommendations on where I might go to find one of good quality?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3417
"Wow...guess you DO know what you're talking about"

What's that supposed to meen?

You can get them from lot's of places. Just google "line out converter", and get one from a reputable online seller. Should also be tons on ebay.

Post Number: 4
I am just impressed is all :-)

Thank you so much for your help! Do you know anything about Mazdas? I just purchased a Mazda 6 and no one will even DISCUSS putting in a new deck with me. Apparently because the factory deck consume the whole dash. Will I experience decent quality with the factory deck and my amp?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4373
"I just purchased a Mazda 6 and no one will even DISCUSS putting in a new deck with me. Apparently because the factory deck consume the whole dash."

The heat, A/C, and other controls are wired through the radio. It would take a lot of time, patient planning, and talent to pull it off. LOCs aren't too bad, and really stock radios aren't horrible by any means. The JL Audio Cleansweep integrates systems like these very well, and flattens EQ boosts and cuts built into the deck so that you'll get good results with aftermarket speakers. You'll get good quality out of the factory deck, similar to what you would get from a mid-line head unit from most manufacturers.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8956
There are adapters made specifically for Mazda's newer style of BOSE based systems that adapts to RCA pre-outs without replacing any of the factory system.
You can also use JL Audio's CleanSweep to do a similar function with some correction for factory radio EQing.
Costs a bit more, but does a very nice job.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 202
Metra just released its dash kit for the Mazda 6. Taking the dash off can be a pain and you really need to be careful when removing so you don't end up cracking the flat silver dash piece.

http://home.online.no/~rekse/mazda6/gallery.htm

That should help you out quite a bit.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 732
Car manufacturers seem to be doing that more and more. My mom has a 2003 Aztek (I know it's an ugly car, but she loves it) and I guess they needed some kind of special adapter for a double pig tails type of wiring because the headunit was integrated with air bags and ac controls. I cost like $120 to have a stereo installed.

Any clues as to why they are doing this?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 9132
the integrate everything as a feature.. it's supposed to be neat that everything is tied into everything else, which in some cases, it is.. but mostly, it's just annoying when you need to work on the car.
Vehicles are becoming more like appliances now.. much like computers have. If there's a problem you either take it to a dealer for repairs, or you scrap it and get a new one.

ask your mom what she likes about that car for me sometime please. I've always wondered how anybody could like one of those, and what the attraction is.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us