Help please

Bronze Member
Username: Smallville

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 22
i have 2 subs and there is wires coming out from the boxs from my subs and could sombody tell my where to hook it up in my amp

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 18
you hook up the positive wires from the subwoofer to the positive speaker ports and the same thing for the negative wires

no offense but if your that confused about a simple procedure then you might want to get some help from someone who knows what their doing before you accidentaly mess something up

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 23
ok but do you hook up the postive wires from both subs and twist them together and then stick it in the speaker ports and the same with the negitive? please write back

Bronze Member
Username: Quickshot

Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.

Post Number: 26
depends..is you amplifier a 2-channel or a mono/one channel
if its a mono the you do exactly what you said although you have to make sure that your amp can take that ohm load...remember 2 4ohm subs wired together create a 2ohm load
if its a 2channel then you put one sub per channel

Anonymous

What amp do you have? It all depends on your amp. Is it mono? If it is, it needs to be bridged.

"no offense but if your that confused about a simple procedure then you might want to get some help from someone who knows what their doing before you accidentaly mess something up"

Please consider his statement. Have a professional do it. It's not worth fudging up all your equipment.

Anonymous

I meant if it's 2-channel. But then I saw he has two subs. So just ignore that statement. LOL!

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 24
i have a sony explod 800w and how do you know how many channels you have

Anonymous

Specs?

Dude, seriously if you don't even know how to hook up a subwoofer to an amp, don't be messing around with that stuff. Have someone who knows what their doing install it.

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 25
i was asking a freakin question dickhead...how do you think you learned..im tring to learn to.. IM LEARNING! AND SOMEHOW YOU DID TOO I DONT KNOW HOW YOU LEARNED ALL THIS STUFF BUT YOU LEARNED IT DIDNT YOU?..OK THEN AND IM JUST TRYING TO DO THE SAME BUT YOU HAVE TO BE BETTER THAN ME AND JUST SAY HAVE A PROFFESIONAL DO IT..BUT NO IM JUST TRYING TO LERAN IT....RETARD

Username: Kaos13

USA

Post Number: 10
Dont mind him hes just an unregistered guest. Go look at your amp and see how many + and - there are and ill tell you how many channels it has.

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 26
thank you clint ill do that

Bronze Member

Sandy, Utah Utah

Post Number: 27
it has 2 negitives and 2 positives.so does thta mean i could hook 2 subs up to it right?.. and just get the negitive wire from one sub then hook it in one of the negitive slots and the same with the positive and the same with my other sub?

Anonymous

yep

Anonymous

Hey Corey... Lick my hairy nuts.

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Post Number: 791
Corey

Follow the diagram to the letter and you shouldn't go wrong there is a lot there to read, and if you are still puzzled, don't be afraid to ask.

Click on the link blow
http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 385
Cory you should r4eally try the search button some time. Believe me it really works. You will get a lot of diffrent matches for your question that will cover all your installation needs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us