Dynamat...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 300
Dynamat xtreme trunk kit http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-DYNAMAT-XTREME-TRUNK-KIT-20-SQ-FT-19405_W0QQitemZ5 794977939QQcategoryZ1498QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$80 (includes S&H) Is that a good deal?

Or could I just get buy buying some dynamat just for the trunk lid? That is where most of my rattling is coming from...

Bronze Member
Username: Acevolkov

Springfield, Missouri United Stated

Post Number: 61
ive heard that the dynamat trunk kit wont complety cover all of the trunk for larger cars. i would go with edead, its alot cheaper and can be bought in bulk, the way i like it.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 967
i'd go secondskin soudn deadener,

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 111
I used that kit on my friends integra and it covered the hatch top, full back wall and a few large peices over the fender's and outer body panels. It sounded awesome but it would need alot more to do the whole thing. ID get like 100SQft of edead or second skin to do the whole car. but if your doing it for rattling only then yeah thats enough

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 231
second skin pwnes

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 483
100^2 ft takes a lot of work to lay down...and getting edead or imitaters, they don't have as good adhesives or are as thick as dynamat...if you want the best with easiest application...juss get a bulk pack of dynamat xtreme for $125 shipped off ebay...it'll cover the entire trunk and then some.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
Hmm doubt it. Second Skins product line has the highest heat tolerance and is 60 mils thick. And you can buy it for a fraction of the cost of dynamat. If you live in a very warm climate you risk the dynamat adhesive giving way and eventually losing bond.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
Once again Second Skind PWNES

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 771
Ryan, are you on something??? Edead is some of the thickest you can buy, if not the thickest there is. As far as adhesives, edead sticks extremely well. At the price you cannot go wrong with Edead. Dynamat is a rip-off in mine and many others opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Letto

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 135
Dynamat was first and is proven. They can pretty much charge what they want. When people think of deadeners, the 1st thing that comes to mind is dynamat. The others have to charge less in order to compete and get their name out there. Personally I like Dynamat better than Edead... but haven't seen/tried second skin.

Silver Member

Post Number: 783
So just because something is first that makes them the best now??? I wonder why every year there are updates to pretty much EVERYTHING in the world today.

Silver Member

Post Number: 495
guys...you must be smoking...dynamat xtreme requires no heat gun at any temp...edead requires it under 50 degrees and almost any other imitater requires a heat gun for application...think of it this way...would you want go with a company that ONLY makes dampener or one thing at all (i.e. optima batteries)...or a company that specializes in everything...dynamat stays in business by ONLY selling dynamat and nothing else...i think they are proven...dynamat xtreme will never lose its adhesiveness, where others do...especially upside down...trust me on that...i've used extreme, the spray, and imitaters...the imitaters give you more for less money, but doesn't work as good, doesn't stick as good, and takes a lot more time to install...if you have $125 to spend...get a bulk pack of dynamt xtreme on ebay...you'll thank me later

Silver Member

Post Number: 786
People like you are the reason why people overspend. I have used edead and i installed it in winter around 40-45 degrees and i put it on my trunk lid. I have had NO issues with it falling down or not sticking. I also did not use a heat gun, nor did it take very long to install. 125 dollars can get 125 square feet of the regular edead or 83 square feet of the best mat edead.

The only reason why they are in business is because the charge so much and were "the first" so people just think they are the best.

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
takes lots of time to install 125 square feet in a car man...not everyone has that kind of time...most people here are full time students and have jobs on top of that...edead is a better value...but if you have money to spend...go with the best (dynamat xtreme)...chris, do the test challenge yourself...take a piece of your left over edead...buy a little piece of dynamat xtreme...and you will actually see and feel the difference, it will amaze you

Silver Member

Post Number: 787
I never said you had to install that much, i just said for that much money you could get that much. Or you could get more edead then dynamat for a lower price. All i am saying is that using dynamat is unnecessary. It is all basically the same stuff anyway, that is why i think it is pointless to spend the extra money.

Silver Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 112
OK i know that OSo swears by second skin and so do alot of other people, but is it alot better than dynamat, edead,cascade, and some other mats? Its 65mils while dnynamat is 44mils i think. now although seeming like it would be better (b/c of thickness) is the material less offective? basicly what im asking is, money aside, are other companies making better mats then dynamat? or is it lik nike, your buying a brand name?

Silver Member

Post Number: 788
Edead v. 1 SE studio Edition is 70mils thick and it is $1.50 per square foot.

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
Second Skin PWNES all the other deadners. If you bothered to do your research not all deadners require a heat gun. Second Skind products have the highest heat tolerance and their product is 60 mils thick. So you go ahead and be a dumba$$ and order dynamat and i gaurantee my car will be a lot quieter than yours with all your high dollar dynamat. BTW SS spectrum sludge is the best product on the market for doing the interior floor.

SECOND SKIN PWNES

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4360
Lizardskin ceramic spray :-). Credit card thin, 10-12db sound reduction, and keeps your interior a good bit cooler. You can also sand it and paint it, and being a spray it gets places like inside door panels. Of course, you can layer your favorite rubberized sound deadener on top of it to help even more. That being said, of those listed above, I'd choose Second Skin Damplifier Pro.

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 313
Second skin hoar lol jk.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
told you second skin pwnes

Silver Member

Post Number: 790
why cant you say ownes???

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
i can but if you have to ask why i say pwnes then you wouldn't understand :-)

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 137
Hmm... pwned was popular in the TFC gaming world like 6ish years ago... Probably even older in some others... You're probably one of the CS wh0res that doesn't keep up with the sayings...

Silver Member

Post Number: 791
TFC gaming CS???

Silver Member

Post Number: 792
I looked of pwned, so nevermind on that. TFC is Team Fortress Classic im guessing, and CS is Counter Strike.

Am i right??? LoL

Silver Member

Milwaukee, WI

Post Number: 150
Yes, you are right sir.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us