Amp help plzzzzzz

Bronze Member
Username: Erreertt

Post Number: 15
ok i recently found out that my 2000Watt american legacy isnt enuf to push 2 12" L7's ugh cheap amps! but i dont want to pay 400$ for a kicker or memphis amp or somthign so ive been watching a bunch of competition videos and they are runnin hifonics im lookin at a 1200 watt it says 1200-Watts at 1-Ohm
Run at 4 or 2- Ohms

i have the 4 ohm l7's wired to 2 ohm and im guessing the amp is mono so can i put both subs to one thing on the amp or would i need 2 mono amps cuz rms is only 750 if i could put both subs on one mono amp it would be fine but i dont know if that would be 2 ohms or wat so how many watts would it be cuz its 1200 in 1 ohm how do u figure out how many it is in 2 ohm or watever it would be wiht 2 2ohm subs

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=hifbx1205d is the site im gonna buy it from would this be a good idea or should i get a 1500watt or.... will someone help me out oh and also i need some help click the capacitor help lost charging bulb thread

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8902
if you have two dual 4 ohm L7s, get the hifonics brutus 1500
that'll give you all the power you need at 1 ohm (straight parallel with coils and subs)
its about $200 on-line

Bronze Member
Username: Erreertt

Post Number: 16
yea i have 2 dual 4's wired to 2 ohm
ok so if they are 4 ohm subs wired to 2 ohm when they are both put on the same thing on the amp that will take it to 1 ohm????
but 1500 brutus will be plenty
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us