Jl 10w7 vs 12w7

Username: Iwrk4satan

Post Number: 5
I currently own a JL 500/1 amp, and I'm looking to purchase a sub to go with it. Just wondering if the 500/1 has enough power that I will hear a significant difference between a 10w7 and a 12w7. I am more interested in SQ than SPL, but of course if the SQ is similar, I'd much rather have it louder. Jl recommends the 500/1 OR the 1000/1 for the 12, so I'm guessing the 1000 will only unleash its true power. Is the 12 worth the extra cash?

Or should I just get a 12w6v2, it's significantly cheaper, and I really liked the 10w6v2 I had in my old car. I've also read/heard the w6v2's might be better in overall SQ than the w7's. Any truth to this?

I've pretty much decided I'm going to stick with JL, because as I've shopped around, I think they fit my needs the best, and I've been very happy with any JL product I've ever owned.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 764
I personally would never go with any JL product because they are WAY OVERPRICED. If i had to take anything from them though, it would be the 12w6v2. Just so you know, the 12w6v2 is said to have better SQ then the W7's and one of the best sounding subs period.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us