Wiring for a mtx 942.2

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 83
I was reading this thing about the specs on this amp im purchasing (waiting to get) right now i already have a 4gauge power wire and all that, but it only has a 100 amp fuse for the battery terminal, what are some suggestions for a kit or something else that, has atleast a 150 amp fuse, also by the way the amps specs are 470x2@ 2 ohm, which i am running 2 cvr's on, well that is the dynamic power rating. probably like 350.

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 51
yer 100A fuse and 4ga kit will be just peachy, im doing 800W with the same. s'all good

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 346
haha shawn, im running the EXACT set up, and have a 80 amp fuse to it, so as far as a new amp kit, don't waste your money, it runs just fine, and your going to love those subs with this amp

what type of box you running though? i had sealed and went ported, and loved the difference(SLIGHT difference in SQ/HUGE difference in SPL)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 647
what the hell are you guys talking about? you need 0/1 gauge wiring i have that same amp and when i hooked up 8 gauge it cut out...4 gauge it was barely hanging in their...that amp sucks up so much energy you need 0/1 gauge or its going to keep cutting out

Silver Member

Post Number: 349
i must not be drawing as much from my alternator, my sock isn't that good so thats probably it, but it still beats

Silver Member

Post Number: 352
yea shawn go 0/1 ga. because it's allways better to be safe then sorry, mine works fine for me but different car/different stock alt./ all that stuff

Bronze Member
Username: Hurleyblink

Post Number: 90
well i dont even know if im going to use that amp yet.. i just ordered my speakers 164 for the pair on ebay new, they are the 4ohm dvc ones, umm i havent really looked around for that amp but on ebay it runs $200 +, and im probably going to be running this on a 99-01 cavalier z24, havent bought the car yet but its going to be around there.. in the process of buying a car too.. :-) i think im going to go sealed because i listen to Emo/rock, and every once in a while rap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us