Please Help! hooking up an H O alternator?

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 80
I am having an alternator built for my car but since the largest size alernator that can fit in my car idnt enough amps i had to get one built by nathan @exsessivamperage And i got a guy building new brackets to fit it but i dont know anything about installing the alternator I live in a lil redneck town and no shops around here know how to do it or wont do it cause they are all hillbillies Can someone tell me what i need and how to hook the alternator up?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8867
any car mechanic capable of more than an oil change should be able to install an alternator if you supply the brackets.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1885
they should also be able to upgrade your big 3 wires for the alternator to at least 4 gauge.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 48
or you could find a stereo shop and have em upgrade it all to 0/1 gage.....i might not have a HO alt yet but i am ready for it!!

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Maryland U.S.A.

Post Number: 1888
most stereo shops where i live wont do it. I havent found one yet.

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 83
aight well theyre is only like one mechanic in this town and he wont do it b/c he dont like me
(but his daugher does ifya know what i mean) thats why so i geuss I will have to drive to a different town to get it put in But i know mechanics will try to charge me out the a.s.s for installing it And i know theyre isnt much to it

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3768
You could just say it's an alternator. Some mechanics panic as soon as you mention High Output.
Basically it's installed the same way as stock, so I don't know why some have special rates.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us