Mr. Longo

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3315
Hey man, MO said that you had your Avalanche metered at 146 db's? I hadn't heard that... I forgot what Hunter hit as well, and at what hz was it?

Sometime in August I'll get around to having mine metered, I was just suprised to hear that you hit 146.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3721
yup 146 is what I hit. I know Hunter hit 138 at 35hz with only about 800 watts or so to his REXXX. Let me know what you hit in august. I think I am gonna get a new sub amp because I am not a big fan of running at 1ohm due to the current draw of a/b at 1ohm and the heat factor as well. I am gonna get a Orion 2250sx and run it at 1000 watts at 4ohms so I cant wait to get that.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3722
I actually might be selling a few ava 15's I havnt decided yet I bought a few and the people that wanted them backed out so I have 2 sitting here. I know hunter wants one but the biotch wont get back to me to let me know. I am also gonna sell my atlas 15 I think.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3317
Yeah, I have about 6 fans running on my amp, and with my HO alt I don't have a problem with all the juice it sucks. Next summer I'm gonna buy a SoundSplinter RL-P and compare it to the Avalanche with the same amp. Even though the Orion get's pretty hot and is A/B, for some reason there's quite a few great subs that match up with it really well. I'd also like to run an ID MAX with it, or an Eclipse TI.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3724
I hear ya man. I am never getting rid of my 250g4 I was actually thinking about running it to my a/d/s's

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3318
I'd love to try the Atlas, and it shouldn't be very hard to resell, but I'm trying to save up for some d@mn components, planning on getting a 225 G4 to run them. I'm interested in some Focals but I don't know where to start, they have a fricken million component sets.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3725
yeah I hear ya man. yeah I dont think I will have trouble selling them they are all brand new in AA's orig packing. I love my a/d/s comps the detail they produce is great.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3319
I'm hoping that since all the old Ascendant stuff is pretty much sold out, that if I ever do sell the Avy for some reason, I'll be able to get what I paid for it right back, or even get more than what I paid.

John said Focal's have pretty good midbass compared to other higher end companies, and they work well in doors and kick panels, which is where mine are gonna end up. I'm just pretty much clueless when it comes to components because nobody around here has any, the closest shop that I could listen to Focal is 2 hours away, and I'd have to drive an hour and a half just to listen to Dynaudio.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3726
yeah well that sucks but I personally like the dyna's better then the focals but I havnt heard the focals that many times so I wouldnt go by what I have to say. I do know that they have a shallow mounting depth and are good for door mounting. I had to build out my door to accept my larger 6.5's in the 5 1/4 hole and to fit the magnet of my a/d/s'.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 299
I want a 15" avalanche if one of you is selling one....

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 300
I'm sorry to bust in like this but what model a/d/s comps. would you guys recomend ?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 718
Hey james, why not keep the Avas and sell them for a shi! load later on down the road???

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3727
I have the a/d/s 346 cs' they are kinda on the expensive side but well worth it. Hey Chris I might do that but also I dont really just want these subs sitting around. I have a ava 12, 2 ava 15's and a atlas 15. this is not counting the ava I have in my truck so I think the only one I want to keep is the 12.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1470
Tweeter is starting to carry Focal if you've got one nearby. They're ditching MB Quart and should eventually have a pretty good selection once they unload the old Quart stuff. I wouldn't recommend buying there(mega expensive, Quart q's at $1200, eek!), but it'd be a good place to have a listen.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 63
Hey Joe, i just put a set of Utopia 165w3's in my pickup. I love them. I was listening to an old beatles cd and was hearing parts of music i never herd, like i was getting a body rush, lol....

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3330
How much were they?

Bronze Member
Username: Littleguy

Post Number: 64
I bought them off of ebey for 500.00 used.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 793
Hey james...how much would u sell ya atlas 15 for lol

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3731
make me an offer!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts