Glass... your pers. opinion

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 552
alright.. if got my final system i hope lol underway.. ive got 2 type x 12" subwoofers.. im debating on the RF t20001bd or 30001bd for an amp.. i have type x 6 1/2" components on order.. and will be purchasing 6 1/2 " type x midbass's as well.. as for the amp im not sure yet.. i was thinking the jl 400/4.. seems to be a perfect match.. was gonna go all alpine .. but needless to say there amps suck this year .. i just wondered how you would set this all up electricly yourself obviously my ho 130 amp alternator wont cut it so il have to go to 250 or 300.. would u set aside battery's for the system ?.. also since kick panels are out of the question (not enough space and theyed get trashed .. how well would midbasses work if i moulded them into the dash?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8802
go sealed on those subs.. if I recall they have a really low Qts

the 400/4 is good
I'd go at least 200A alternator..
yellow top to replace the starter battery at first.. maybe isolate it later if you want and put it in the trunk in a battery box.. but that can wait
midbass *usually* isn't good in a dash because dashes are plastic and resonate too much.
try to fit it into the door if you can, even if that means fiberglassing door pods for the 3 way set. it'll stick out but it'll work well.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 557
i was gonna make an mdf cylydrical enclosure for the dash.. also on the enclosure for the subs.. what does it mean exactly if it is inefficient with a certain enclosure??

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8838
depends on context, but mostly if a sub isn't effecient in a specific box, you're not going to get much gain from it, which translates to poor output levels.

in the case of a type X, it's not designed for ported boxes, so it'll do much better in sealed.

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 558
wonder why they recommended sealed vented and bd boxes for it? .. anyway now that i look again my speakers on the doors are basically on the bottom corner.. so there as close to a kick panel as possible.. and so theres no confusion this is a 2 way and a midbass not a 3 way.(although alpine says u can make them into a 3 way with there crossover?) dont know how well that would work though considering they 2 way set was created as a 2 way and there midbass driver is a new thing..so if i have the component set in the door there but then throw the midbass up in the corners of the dash, will it sound off?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8855
hard to say without trying it really
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us