I need some help!!

Username: Riocalcio

Post Number: 1
I own an Alpine 9813 head unit, its pretty nice 60x4...I was disconnecting the radio from the car the other day, however i forgot to disconnect the negative!
I totally forgot about this, and I am worried that I might have blown the deck..I just looked at it however, and there are no signs (burn marks, smell), that I fried it. When I disconnected the deck from my nissan 240, all I did was rip out a few plugs and the wire harness. There was no fire, no excessive heat, and nothing happened.
I am very confused..the deck still looks great and everything, but I dont know what to believe.
any help would be appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1171
So no wires touched? Then there probably isn't anything wrong with it...

Username: Loser1970

Bakersfield, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
i have orion 300 prq eq some of the wires look like they have been yanked out from inside of unit need picture or discrption of the inside

Post Number: 2
I distinctly rememeber pulling out the antenna cable first, then the harness..I dont know if that means anything, also, on all my wires there is rubber surrounds, including the preouts..there was no metal to metal touching. I dont know much about car stereos, is there a fuse inside the deck that i coulda blown, rather than the whole deck?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1173
So you think you could have ruined something by the order of which you disconnected each wire? That's highly unlikely with a headunit.

Post Number: 3
alright, well i got the deck looked at by a professional, and he said it was fine..does anyone know where i can get a cheap alpine harness..online?

Bronze Member
Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 39
i'm sorry, does it not work now? you never said it stopped working. why don't you try plugging it back in to see if it works? i think it would be fine to have disconnected it like that, but don't do it again.

CANCHE
Unregistered guest
I NEED HELP I HAVE A SONY RADIO BUT I CAN ONLY PLUG IN ONE RCA AND IM USING IT FOR A 4 CHANNEL AMP. MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I INSTALL A 2 CHANNEL AMP FOR THE BASS IN MY CAR.
PLEASE HELP
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us