Need HU that i can hook mp3 player up to.

Username: Xkawn

Post Number: 2
i'm thinking of getting a rio karma and would like to be able to hook it up to my HU via input due to SQ, not through fm tuner. i have an expensive system. the only down side to my system is the old sony exlode deck which i'm willing to swap out. i guess it might make a dif. so i'll run down what i have. 4 fours up front two 6.5's in overhead sound bar which all are being pushed by a RF 200.4 i have a RF power 850 running through a capacitor to my two infinity perfect 12.1's. i just don't want to have to use cd's anymore but i don't want to compromise SQ also. thanks for the help. also i don't want to spend alot. maybe a few hundred bucks.

Username: Cowtipper

Post Number: 10
i think just about anythig iwth a aux input will do, a bunch of cd player will require you to buy the HU and then also a ipod adapter (assuming u have a ipod) wich costs like 70 bucks

Post Number: 3
actually i'm leaning toward a rio karma mp3 player. also, the head unit doesn't need a bunch of features i would most definately wouldn't use anyways. mainly sq and a bass control or eq type options, cd player and an option to hook the rio karma up to it via aux. something simple and good quality. if i get you right, as long as the deck says aux input i'm good to go???. thanks.....

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1165
Some headunits require external adaptors to utilize the aux function-it would be a good idea to check on that before you buy.

Post Number: 4
yeah, i've been trying to research this also, but it's not something alot folkz talk about. also if this is the case it's not like the maker wants to put that down on the functions or lack there of. kind of like braggin' your kids handicapped, lol........

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 44
If the HU has an AUX input, it is normally advertised. My Kenwood has RCA cables and another port for aux inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us