Zapco 1100.1

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 22
i have recently come accross a guy triing to sell one.....i am currently underpowering my W7 12"...got a 500 watt total audio amp on it....my ? is i guess as anyone had any experience with this amp...is it good bad or any comments basically...the amp is only 600bucks and it has the box. it looks brand and he is offering to let me see if it works....i have only been in the car audio gig for a couple years now and i have never heard of Zapco till a couple days ago....on the website it says it's a Class AB amp and not a Class D but how is it that small and put out 1100watts? any help appreciated!!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8122
great amplifier, yes its class AB, but your issue with that W7 may be the load presented by the coils.
the odd coil impedances make it a pain to match that sub to anything but a JL slash series amp most times. Otherwise you always have to calculate power for a 3 ohm final load, which is never the "advertised" power output

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 347
Zapco's are awesome! I'm STILL debating if I should upgrade to them, but they're spendy for the amount of power I need... I'd go for it man! If not, send him my way!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 464
Zapco's have a LED on them that tells you when the amp is clipping! That is, by far, the coolest feature I have seen on an amp!

Silver Member

Post Number: 354
Really? I'm buying one RIGHT NOW!

(I'm not kidding)

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8166
the C2K series of amplifiers from zapco are even nicer, in that they're computer controlled so you can set the output of the amplifier to match the needs of your speakers. If the amp is 2400 watts and your subs only need 1800 watts, you can set the amp for a peak output of 1800 watts. The C2K amps also have at the dash display modules available to monitor car voltage rails, amplifier voltage, power output in real time, and amplifier temperatures, along with using their symbilink balanced DIN high voltage signal path for use with their signal processing components.

very nice amplifiers, yes.. but you pay for all of that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 365
Geez. What's a good place to buy one like that? I need one big enough to power two Eclipse Ti's.

(I'm asking because I've yet to find a decent place to buy one...)

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8172
an authorized dealer.
www.zapco.com can help you find one locally.
they don't authorize internet sales as I recall.

Silver Member

Post Number: 368
Yea, I remember that. They say on there that woofersetc is taking the serial #'s off of them and what-not. What Zapco amp would you recommend for my two Ti's? Thanks man.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8190
the one that puts out the RMS power you need for the load your subs will present.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
They only rate via RMS don't they?

Oh well, I'm emailing them, maybe they can give me more info. I want one that'll do 1ohm stable if I can. Thanks for the help bro, I know you're busy as hell.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 480
Yes, good companies like Zapco only rate in rms and their rms in most cases is underated, sometimes even 10-15%. I only wish I could afford one, oh well I like my Xtant alot.

Hey BTW Jake, I remeber talking to you a while ago about a HO Alt. I think you said you worked in the biz and you could probably get me a deal on one. I was just wondering how much I could get one from you for. Drop me an e-mail at: alias747@hotmail.com and let me know all the info you need about my car or whatever. I would personal massage you but some people disable that.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8207
only use RMS ratings. peak or max ratings are meaningless.

Bronze Member
Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 23
Well i paid him today.....got the amp sitting here in my closet......waiting till i have some free time so i can install it and tune it... then go riding around enjoying it. these amps are heavy as hell tho for the size.

Silver Member

Post Number: 488
LOL! My C2K9.0 is supposed to be here next week :D. It's gonna take a long time :-(...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us