Ford F-150 amp wiring

Username: Mattjrocks

Hixson, TN United States

Post Number: 5
I cannot figure out this wiring.I'm frustrated as hell!When hooking an amp to a factory stereo using speaker level inputs do all the speakers have to be tapped into?I'm tapped into the rear speakers only.I've already made all other connections but I can't get the amp to power on.I dont need a remote turn-on wire if I use speaker-level inputs, or do I?And do Ford F-150s even have remote turn-on wires?I need help people and I'm starting to get Carpal Tunnel Syndrome from all the wire-tapping and splicing!Thanks to all who respond.mattj

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 251
Yes you need a remote turn on. If you truck doesn't have one, use any 12v wire that ONLY comes on with the key!

Hixson, TN United States

Post Number: 6
So I do need a remote wire,even when using speaker-level inputs?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1110
Matt, this is at least your third post on the same topic. Please stop starting new threads and begin replying to the responses in the threads you have already made. We can then be more specific about your problem because we have some previous information(your original problems).

Hixson, TN United States

Post Number: 7
Sorry dude I'm just hatin' this Ford right now.I'm new so I didn't know the protocol for this site.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 252
Yes, your amp needs a seperate remote turn on, unless it's something I never seen!

Username: Betard

Post Number: 7
I am pretty sure some of the current MTX amps do not need a "remote" wire when using high-level inputs.

It would probably help everyone here and yourself to include some of the specifics.

And I am positive that if you posted a msg on a "ford" msg board that someone could help you locate the remote wire if that is the problem.

Username: Betard

Post Number: 8
From MTX owners manual:

If a source unit is being used without RCA outputs, use the high-level inputs for signal which will turn the amplifier on via our Smart Engage circuitry (Four-channel amps will only engage on the front high-level inputs).

as a side note... did you even try and locate/read the manual for the amp you are installing?? Usually these are more then helpfull getting you up and running.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us