Wire front speakers off rear channel vs. signal convertor

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 16
just a quick question, I have a JVC KD-G310 HU that only has one set of preouts for the rear and I want to amp the fronts, what are the benefits of running the front speaker level outs on HU through a signal convertor and using rca's vs. using the pass thru feature on my amp and going to the other amp. will there be a large enogh difference to justify the cost and what should i look for in a convertor if that's by far the best.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1464
Most line out converters(LOC's) suxxorz. They add distortion and reduce frequency response. If your amp has line outs, use them.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Firlefanz

Post Number: 17
When your amp has a bypass use it, cause you will have less resistance than using a converter (which has also to be bought). Also you take off some work of the headunit.

Depending on the distance between the two amps and the quality of the rca , I guess the converter would be cheaper (not sure about that).

Another possibility is to use Y-adapters for the rca and then feed both amps.

Why don't you amplify only the front and use the high-level out of the headunit for the rear as rearfill? So you could use one of the amps for a sub.
Because if you go to a concert you dont place yourself with the back to the stage. But thats a question of personal hearing taste.

Bronze Member
Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 18
so basically if the amp I have for the front speakers has a speaker level input use that. I already have an amp/ sub in the rear and am just going to amp the door speakers. It's only in a little 1988 Nissan extended cab with no rear speakers

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1103
"so basically if the amp I have for the front speakers has a speaker level input use that"

Yep. No reason to get a line output converter when you don't need one. Then again, the quality of the amp is a factor between the two.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us