Need some Good advice

Username: Eddiebeltoe

Post Number: 1
hey guys my friend have me 2 12" Kicker Solobarics the old round ones i wanted to kno r they decent subs and which type of box will i get its full potential thanx alot

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8364
great subs, and you want small sealed enclosures for those.
they have a high Qts.
I have the specs for them here somewhere if you don't.
I'd need the models of the subs you have to find the data though.. its all in notebooks

Post Number: 2
thx alot man they say Kicker solobaric s12c r they high spl or sq subs thx again glass

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8366
SQ subs.
kicker made them for use in small sealed enclosures.. about 1.2cu ft per twelve if memory serves.

Post Number: 3
oo ok na cuz i was lookin for more spl lol is there any way of being getting more spl out of them thnx

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8368
try them
you may find tehy're as loud as you need them to be unless by SPL you plan to compete for money.
then stop using hand me downs and sink a lot of cash into SPL oriented subs and a ton of power to drive them :-)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4511
lol ill buy them off ya man

Post Number: 4
o ok thanx man i have a boss 2 channel 1200 watt amp laying around u think that is ok for those subs ?

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 73
im not sure what the specs are on those subs
but i'd say that you should get a new amp
Boss is not known for power/quality/good ratings/etc
i'm assuming that 1200 watts is peak and its 600rms
i'd highly doubt that you will hit 600rms on that. I'd say sell the boss and get a new one
but either way, u could use the boss if your moneys tight, etc
i started out with an old profile amp when i had nothing else

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2627
The Boss will work, but yeah, I'd try to get a new amp.
The roomer around my school is, that a guy that lives around there has 3, and its supposed too be the loudest around... but I wouldn't mind trying to buy them off you either!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3613
I used to run that same sub a long time ago running off of a old RF punch 100IX and it was loud and sounded very nice. unless you are gonna start competing for cash like glass said they should be fine.

Anonymous

hey i got 2 10" kicker comp vr's an im tryin to put them in a 96 honda civic an i aint got a box an idk wat kind i should get like a bandpass or a sealed box

Anonymous

hey i got 2 10" kicker comp vr's an im tryin to put them in a 96 honda civic an i aint got a box an idk wat kind i should get like a bandpass or a sealed box

Post Number: 5
thx alot everyone

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3632
no prob man, hey anon sealed 1000000% over bandpass since I am assuming you will be buying a pre-fabbed box not getting one prof built. Why not look into ported though those subs get loud in ported enclosures.

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 610
Anon, do not get a bandpass if you care at all about sound quality. I would say go small sealed for best results. If you wanna get the most spl out of it and still get good sq then try a ported enclosure, but i would stick with sealed.

Post Number: 7
i have another question with my other system which was 2 12" kenwoof tornados in a sealed box and a rockford 1200 watt amp for some odd reason it kept dimming the lights and i had a 1 farad capacitor what else would i have needed?

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 614
Sounds like your electrical system is lacking. 1200 watts on a stock electrical system should kill your alternator big time. If it hasnt fried yet then congratulations. Most stock alts are way under 100 amps, that amp would prob draw maybe like 150??? I am unsure of the exact number, that is just an estimate.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3639
it would draw about 100 amps at full current is a good estimate. way to much for a stock elec system unless you are running a tyrbo diesel with a snow plow pkge. The reason for your lights dimming is because your alt couldnt keep up with the current needed to provide you car with what it needs to run your amp was taking it all. That is a really bad sign man many bad things can result from this a fried CPU, and possibly fires so dont mess around with high power on stock elec systems unless you just dont care about your car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us