Audiobahn or Sony

DUB
Unregistered guest
I was wondering, which is better, the Audiobahn A8000T, or the Sony XM-DS1600P5.

The Audiobahn is 800 RMS @ 2ohms and the Sony is 900RMS @ 2ohms.
Yes I know, SONY (you can keep punding your keyboard if you want but this looks like a good amp.) Many people say that they lie about the watts they put out, but they cant lie all that much because the it would be false advertising, wouldent it.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 218
Here is a site that has things in an order, and was made by someone who knows what they are doing. http://p079.ezboard.com/fcaraudiotalkfrm27.showMessage?topicID=48.topic

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 93
Sure they could lie, sony is a piece of sh!t company that makes inferior products. Sure it might be able to push out those numbers (not too sure) but the amp itself is horrible i talked to a&b Sound and they no longer carry sony amps due to all of them overheating and many customer complaints. So i would stay away as for audiobahn I can't really say since up here in BC its hard to find

DUB
Unregistered guest
Yea, I am pretty sure this guy has not had any kind of experience with no even half of those brands.

DUB
Unregistered guest
Alright then, here is something else, I am looking for a good mono amp, 800-1000 watts RMS @ 2 ohms, and try to keep it cheap if you can.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 301
The list is a little off, but it is expected because listening is subjective in many cases and depends on the application. For the most part though, its not that bad.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 640
MTX 801D They go for cheap on eBay, they are trustworthy, and they are just all around better than Sony and Audiobahn.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 414
yea that mtx is good but if you absolutely have to go either sony or audiobahn that bahn will crush that sony amp

DUB
Unregistered guest
What about the Kenwood KAC-9152D?

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
kenwood amps arent very good neither
audiobahn >kenwood >sony

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 62
The Xtant X 1001 is a good amp thaat puts out 1000@ 2 ohms
Jl 1000/1 will do it to but jl doesnt get it full potnetial unless it is on JL subs it is mainly for sq
Look around on ebay

Bronze Member
Username: Dtribe

Post Number: 63
I got my Xant X for like 500 on ebay

DUB
Unregistered guest
Ok, lets just go with a 900 watt RMS amp, keep it cheap if you can, if there are any just over $200.

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
you could get an MTX thunder 942 for around that i own that amp its good...

DUB
Unregistered guest
Anything else?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us