Wire materials question for big 3

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 151
Ok i need to do my big 3 before i install my new amp and woofer but ive had a hard time finding the right materials for it i.e 2awg battery terminal dual 2awg ports. or shouold i just run 0awg on my stock alt i drive a 99 honda civic and im sure the alt doesnt put out sh!t so help me out a lil

Bronze Member
Username: Dudesjar

North Dakota

Post Number: 11
well first of all you need to tell us more about what your doing....big 3? anyway it would be harder finding a company that even makes 2awg wire (for car audio)...and even then i would just run 0 or 00 b/c they make alot of stuff for it...and besides unless your amp pulls 100amps or more you dont need anythign bigger than 4awg. and a 99 civic prolly has a 150amp alt (IF THAT). so first of all i'd look at replacing the alt...but if you have a small-medium system (700watts rms or less) then your stock alt should handle it.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 941
The stock alternator on a 99 civic probably doesn't put out more than 90 amperes.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3558
Why are you having such hard time finding wires? Almost all car shop has them. It's the 4 gauge ground wire. They cost around $10 or less for 15"-18" with connectors. You really don't need anything less than 4 gauge. It'll work fine for HO alternators up to 150A.

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 157
no, i think he's having trouble finding a battery terminal that has 2awg outputs. The answer is, don't get a battery post that has outputs at all. Just use ring terminals.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 163
finally two people that have usefull advice thanx scuba and isaac unlike dusty who obviously has no idea what hes talking about and the funniest part is there is no car manufacturer that makes a car let alone a small import with a 150 amp stock alt and i can find 2 awg wire it was the ring connectors and the dual 2awg battery clamp i couldnt find so i just went with 4awg now the 4awg is only good up to 150amp alt correct anything above i need to step up to at least 2 or 0/1

Bronze Member
Username: Dudesjar

North Dakota

Post Number: 12
eat a dick fatty

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 626
Thats mature. :|
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums