I'm curious.....

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 475
What makes prefab boxes so bad? Lets say that you have 2 boxes, one is prefabricated that you got on ebay or something and the other you got custom made from an audio shop. They both have the exact same airspace which is the recommended for your your sub. And they are both made out of 3/4" MDF. What would be the differencee between them? Why not just take the prefab one, your gonna pay a ton more for one to be custom made? Just curious.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 341
idk it seems that the problem with prefab boxes is that most of them arent made for that specific sub..and if it was then it should sound the same...but look at it like this many of the "prefab" boxes that are made specifically for a subwoofer(example mtx sledgehammer) and end up being just as expensive if not more expensive than a box built by a shop

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4444
quick beat me, but forgot somen, when we say dont buy prefab, we usually mean ported, because they are tuned to high frequency's, high 40's, for spl and this is not good for music

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 479
Yeah, I was more asking about a sealed box. I totally can understand why you wouldn't buy a prefab ported box!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us