CONFUSING DIMENSIONS

Anonymous

ok so im making a ported box for 2 15in cvr's and i have came to a road block

for a ported enclosure it says 3"x15.5" port, 22" long.... any clue what that means

i took it as the port will be a rectangle
3=width 15.5=height and 22=length/depth into box

is this right????

also if so it says that while making the box to only make it 17" deep???? if thats so then how to i put the port in it without it popping out the back-- or is supposed to be about 25in deep????

these are my current dimensions this is where im getting messed up

length=39in-- i figure 2 inches inbetween everything-side/port/sub/sub/port (from left to right)

depth=? how big are the subs and it says port should be 22in long??

height=16in im not sure though-1/2 in above each sub or should i go 17in to give a full inch above and below??

as you can tell i am completely hopeless as to what to do.. any help is appreciated

here is the manual for subshttp://www.kicker.com/05/tech-support/manuals/manuals/2005/2005%20CompVR%20Sub%2 0Manual.pdf

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4360
your right on everyting, i checked it all, but see what it means is when you get to the end of the box, just turn the port, and keep it turning until you reach the desired 25 inches, lol, like it goes back then turns left until it gets there ya kow.

Anonymous

ok so this would be my dimensions

dimension #1
39L x 23w x 16h - with 1 in from back of port to back wall

dimension #2
39L x 17w x 17h

which is the preferred-
and.. with the #2 with the port would i use PVC piping or just add a wall wood and angle the cuts

or

should i stick with #1 so that the port goes straight back with no bending

port should be on right or left side if your looking head on at it

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Ky

Post Number: 4362
if you want ill draw what you want to do up on paint and send it to you, do you have aim, if so im nushaganazad

Anonymous

im dbiock518 ill im u

Anonymous

would 5.21 cu ft be a good enough size for 2 15in kicker cvr in a ported box???
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us