Kicker CVR

Anonymous

what kind of amp should i get for 2 12in kicker cvr- im looking at hifonics becasue i liked the way it worked with my old subs

should i got mono? or 2 channel and birdge it at 4 ohms??? i like the cvr's but im not sure how to power them

mono
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5788050308&category=18797 %26

2 channel
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5788136175&category=18796 %26

i know the mono puts out more power put is power really a factor with these subs?

any help ????

Anonymous

or should i get 15in cvr-- they going in abck of a 2005 impala and i dotn care about trunk space-- just want something to bang-- i dont care about how nice it sounds-- just bang like crazy-- and im on a small budget-- i figure up to 150$ for subs- 250$ for amp- 100$ for box- like 50$ for other shi7-

i just wanna get pulled over for disrupting public with some loud annoying stuff-- like play pink floyd at the basketball courts

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 261
umm with 150$ your best bet would be 1 15" sub(should be around 115$w/shipping) get a MTX/JBL amp that pushes 500watts at either 4 or 2 ohms, build your own box!!(it'll save you 75$)get a 25$amp kit off of ebay

i'll try and find links to all this stuff for you

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2565
Lol, you plan on doing that with CVR's?? hahaha
CVR's are great subs for the price, but there not that great.
Be for we can help pick the amp, we need to know more about the subs... what ohms are they?

Anonymous

alright i didnt know how good they were i had just seen that people said they were good on here and that they were fairly cheap-- i have about 550$ to work with so any suggestions-- i want loud-- as you could tell-- if i have no other options i may be forced to go audiobahn- and building my own box would be kinda hard considering my own utensils is liek a a power hand saw where iwould ahve to 100% precise to cut out the hole- unless if they make a 12in bit for a drill

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2568
$550 for everything?
The CVR's are good for the price, but they won't get the cops called on you.
The CVR's are sql subs, you're just wanting spl.
Actually, Audiobahn might be better for you. All they are good for is getting loud.

Anonymous

whats the best spl sub i can buy under 400$-- sub only-- no amp just the sub

Bronze Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Ctown, -high-

Post Number: 45
how bout like 16 volfenhag?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2571
Prob the L7... no sq... but spl wise... good sub.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2572
Eclipse TI, better reliability, but might not get quite as loud as the l7, but it will sound better.

Anonymous

how much does an L7 run for ? and what kind of amp would i get to power it-- and would it be easier to build a box for it considering its a square sub?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2573
As far as the amp, depends on if you get 2 ohm dvc, or 4 ohm dvc... and what size sub. They're pretty expencive... the new 05's are around $399.
The box wouldn't be that hard, you could try to build it you're self, or I'd look on ebay for Solo boxes.
BTW look around on www.hifisoundconnections.com

Anonymous

i know im probably pis$ing u off bringing up all these new things to buy but its only cuz ur nice enough to help out some1 new

what about the hifonics atlas? i was looking at their amps and saw that they also made subs so i looked at them.. the specs dont look bad

Subwoofer Size 12"
Impedance Dual 2 ohms
Dual Voice Coil Yes
Peak Power Handling 1800 watts
RMS Power Handling 900 watts
Surround Material Rubber
Sealed Box Volume 1.5 cubic feet
Ported Box Volume 1.5 cubic feet
Sensitivity 85.88 dB

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4333
hifonics is a decent bang for the buck company, when it comes to there amps, there subs are uhhh to say the least decent, but not worth paying money for lol, taylor already suggest the ti, you can get a 15, 12, or 10 for under 400, i got mine for 350. they are nice, but 2 comp vrs can get loud to

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2574
Not that great... there amps are ok, but the l7/Eclipse, are better or I could list a few cheaper subs if you want.
Sorry, the link didn't work, its
www.hifisoundconnection.com They used to have some factory renews of l5/l7's for dirt cheap... just an idea.

Anonymous

so is my best bet to go with 2 comp vr's?? i mena they were my original thought but then taylor told me they wouldnt get as loud as i thought-- i mean i want loud- but not 1500$-3000$ loud. Loud to me is wathcing the rear view mirror shake from bass.

if the comp vr's can do that then i will stick with them- i can get a deal on ebay for them- 2 15in comp vrs for 150$ the '05 versions.. i just wanted to know if they were worth it

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2575
Sub, the CVR's are great, but all he wants is spl... he doesn't care for sq, thats why I'm actually suggestion the L7... The CVR's will get loud, but I just don't think they'll be loud enough for what he's wantting.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2576
Oh, if thats all, then they should be fine. I thought you wanted some bass that other people sitting in there cars next too you could feell.:-)
The CVR's will bump... don't get me rong.

Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/KICKER-S15L5-SOLOBARIC-15-SUB-SUBWOOFER-15L5-145_W0QQitemZ57 88803588QQcategoryZ58035QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

i know its the 04 model but is that a good enough L7>? or is there a different L7 that ur talking bout

also im still goign to keep in mind the CVR's -- would 4ohms be better than 2 ohms??

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2579
Ohms just has to do with how you wire you're amp.

Anonymous

so if i buy this amp i would want to buy the subs that are 2 ohms???
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hifonics-BRUTUS-BX1605D-MONO-AMPLIFIER-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ57 89367742QQcategoryZ18797QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2580
Yes, thats the ones I was talking about, thats not a bad price.
Be for you go thinking that they are awsome subs, I need to tell you all the facts about them though. The have no sq, and the square shape causes stress points in the subs cone causing a lot of them to fale/rip/tare. Not to mintion you're buying from ebay, and its used... just make sure it has some kind of warranty.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2581
I know that amp is over rated, but I think its still a little big.
Yes, if you got that amp, and you deside to go with 1 sub, it needs to be 2 ohm dvc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
yea get 2 15" comp vr's and get the hifonics brutus 1500xd, and build your own box and get a cheap amp kit and your set

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4334
taylor, lol, i was skimming and for some reason decided to say this, i finnally got my car back and yesterday put a 12w7 in a ported box tuned to 28 hrtz and a 1000/1 in my neon and drove down where i had been staying, its really sh*tty place but everyone there cares about nice cars so as i slowly drove down the road i set off at least 4 car alarms it was sooo magnificent, lol, but for some reason this made me say this lol "Oh, if thats all, then they should be fine. I thought you wanted some bass that other people sitting in there cars next too you could feell.:-) "

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2582
Lol yeah... I don't think he wants to spend $700/800 for a sub.
Where in the hell did you get a w7?
Think you could hook me up with some of this car audio you keep finding?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 135
"$550 for everything?
The CVR's are good for the price, but they won't get the cops called on you.
The CVR's are sql subs, you're just wanting spl. "

You obviuosly haven't sat in my Jeep.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2584
I know you have a 15, but there is know way it will beat a l7 in spl. It will sound better no doubt.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 136
"I know you have a 15, but there is know way it will beat a l7 in spl. It will sound better no doubt"

Well, my CVR was louder than my friends 15L7, however his was sealed in about 3 cubes. No doubt, the L7's are more geared twoards SPL, and louder. My point was that in a proper enclosure they can get plenty loud for ya. SQ's pretty nice too IMO.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2587
Yup... I'm not telling him to go with the L7's, I'm just giving him the facts... I think the CVR's are a good choice... either way, it will be a nice setup.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4340
yea i got a w7, but im not to fond of it, i dont like how it sounds compared to the Ti, but i was having troubles a while ago getting a box that would utilize the ti and still fit in my trunk, the w7 is only a 12 and fits and stuff but my ti is a 15, i really wanna sell it and get a 12 or 10 but idk. might stick with the w7...but hopefully get rid of it to

Anonymous

Whats the diff between spl and sql? what are they short for?

i just want something that i can see shaking my rear view mirrors-- if the CVR's can do that then im perfectly fine with that

i just dont know much about car audio and when i saw those being plastered on forums i figured they could not be that bad-- and 2 15in subs for under 200$ is a great deal in my newtocaraudio " opinion" which is frequently misspelled on this site

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4341
sq= sound quality, spl=sound pressure level, and yea my first two subs were 2 10 inch kicker comp vrs in a sealed box, god i loved those subs, but yes the CVRs can shake your rear view mirror

Anonymous

ok so when i get abox for 2 15in CVR's should i get a ported or sealed? or should i go with like dual ported or a more complex box--

i found mdf wood at the local home depot-- im good with mathmatics-- but what i need help with is determining what kind of tools i will need to assemble/cut out the wood. i know like phillips head and stuff-- or is there some1 who can make me a box for 2 15in subs cheaper than trying to make my own??

and if i should make my own laeve it sealed??

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
yea they can make it, but shipping is going to eat you up, ask around for someone who has that WINISD program(i kno mixneffect has it) to get all the dimensions for your box and everything

as far as sealed and ported, go ported, it's harder to build but it'll pay off
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us