Need help before buying speakers.

Username: Romic00

Post Number: 1
Hi i have a 2003 dodge ram quad and i just got a new deck for it. now i want to get better sound. I was thinking either 2 speakers for the front doors or 1 or 2 10" subs under the rear seat. Which one would you go with. If i get the speakers i wonder if i can use my amp to power them. It's a 800w amp 2 channel? I was looking to get 2 6x9 pioneer speakers. Are they any good? Thx in advance

Post Number: 2
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 282
If you have an amp...you should look for speakers that you could use with it because it will bring out a little more ooomph in your speakers. Can you give us the specs of the amp?

Post Number: 3
ok i found a set of speakers for my dodge ram truck. this is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5789691816&category=58031 %26 they are pioneer at 40w rms for the front doors. My deck is rated at 4x 50w will that be to much power for the speakers? or it wil be ok. Also in the near future i will get an amp to power the speakers.Also does anyone if i can fit a 6 1/2 speaker on the rear doors. i currently have a 5 1/4 speraker. Last question is will a 4 way speaker rated at 80 w rms sound better/ louder then the ones at 40 rms. Thank you.

Post Number: 4
1 day left of bidding

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8141
use a good 2 way or 3 way speaker set in front
4 ways are pretty much a gimmick and not that good.

what is the make and model pof your amp? what is its RMS power rating and at how many ohms?

after the front speakers with an amp, I'd look at a sub with a second amp to round out the frequency range

Post Number: 5
are the new pioneer TS-A6961R 6x9 any good? i wana get those and put them in the front doors.

Post Number: 7
noone?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8174
listen to a set and see if you like them.
it's subjective.. you may like them, I may not.

Post Number: 8
i can hook an amp to them right?

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8183
why not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help