Q. for amp space

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 92
i was just woundering about how much area does a amp need so it does not over heat? for instants under a seet is that o.k? can it be touching"

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 824
Ive seen and heard about poeple putting thier amp under there seat all the time but i would say if the amp has a cooling fan that it shouldn't be blocked with about an inch of clearance. It also depends on the heat sink the amp has, like if the amp uses the casing as the heat sink or internal or external.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
how do you find this out
"the heat sink the amp has, like if the amp uses the casing as the heat sink or internal or external."
will it be in the instruction manual or on the amp it self

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 826
You could tell if the amp has external heat sink pretty easily just by seeing fins on the outside but if it was the casing or internal, if it was the casing the casing will be extremely hot to the touch after awhile of operating and if it was internal then you probably would have to take the casing off to see it. I'll see if i can find some pics for examples.

Anonymous

is there enough airflow in a trunk?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
o.k well im pretty sure it is the casing one (thats the bottom right?) plus a fan, hell the best way to say it is that its a kicker 850.2 amp, so 1" is lots

Bronze Member
Username: Supraspyder420

Sammamish, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 33
My amp (soundstream VGA600.2) get really hot when used for only 15-20 mins. I also have it in a tool box in the back of my durango. anyone have any ideas on how i can get it to stay cooler? or if any of you have/are knowledgeable of durango's then does anyone have a good idea on where to put the amp?

-sorry to change questions on this post. Its just the same topic.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 703
if it does overheat install 2 outboard fans lol

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 828
"is there enough airflow in a trunk?"

Well if there wasnt then nobody would put amps in there trunk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us