JVC has a mind of it's own...

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 38
My JVC deck has started to do weird things lately. When driving..it will switch from the bass settings, to treble, to fade and balance...sometimes it will go to set the clock...It gets annoying because u cant turn the volume up because u'll turn the bass up instead..or frig up the fade.. Could it be the RCA's? I hooked up my 550 watt amp and since then it started doing it..Any suggestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Ehostler

VA

Post Number: 11
I would disconnect the amp and see if the problem continues. If it does, then you know that it's the head unit. If it doesn't then you know it has something to do with the way the amp is setup.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 766
Yeah, though I would have my money on one of the buttons in the faceplate not functioning properly. Is there a way to reset it? If there is, try it and if it continues to have problems, tell us.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ok thanks! Where would I would I look to reset it...if there is such a thing?

Silver Member

Post Number: 803
Normally there is a tiny button that looks like it can only be pushed by using a ballpoint pen, which is exactly what should be used.

If there isn't, you can just disconnect the power completely for a few minutes and see what that does.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
It acted up on me coming home from work...So I beat the dash with my fist...and it hasnt skipped a beat since...hehehe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 826
Are you serious? Wow...heh. If it happens again it would probably be due to a loose solder connection.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
that might explain it due to the fact I didn't solder the wires...hehehe!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us