NEED HELP

Username: Jgut07

Post Number: 8
Im new at all this stuff. Im building a ported box for my JL 15w3. I want to be heard so im going ported. my JL is a D2. I know nothing about this stuff so dont laugh. But why is there 2 different places to hook wire to on the sub (a place on each side)....I am getting a 500 rms class D mono amp for this sub. Is all this right?.......my box is going to be 3.34 ft3

Post Number: 9
the amp is 500 rms at 2 ohms...will that work with this sub...its only 250 rms at 4

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 76
your subs are what they call dual voice coils- (2dvc)you need to hook both them up or you will wreck your speakers.old subs were single voice coils- (1dvc)heres a site to show you what i mean

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html

Post Number: 10
so if my sub is a d2 then i want to wire it in parallel at 1 ohm to get the max performance out of my sub???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
im going to be getting an amp like this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=79830%26item%3D5785907812 %26

will this workout?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 105
Terrible pick of amp to match with the JL sub. Don't expect the Sony to put out anywhere close to rated power or last very long.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
im heading into college and dont have 300 bucks to throw away on an amp....find a good amp for around 150 bucks on ebay then

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what sounds better...what is the difference between 2 and 4 ohms....and would getting a class d amp be worth it?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 697
whats the rms on the sub and maybe i can help you out

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
400 rms, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 778
Is it 4 ohm DVC or 2 ohm DVC?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 108
There are no differences in a subs peformance whether it be dual 2ohm or 4ohm. The Dual 2 ohm sub can be wired parallel to yield a 1 ohm load, or wired in series to yield a 4 ohm load on teh amplifier. The dual 4 can be wired in parallel to yield 2ohms or series to yield 8 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 779
I need to know the impendance so i can look for an amp and there are differences in parameters of subs of the same model line of different impendances, but i dont know if that would directly affect performance, It could but it depends on the situation.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
how can you tell what it is...the only thing it says on the back is ....JL 15w3 D2 dual voice coil subwoofer....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/15_18_W3_MAN.pdf

This like is the owners manual to the sub

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
also....will i need to put 2 speaker terminal plates on the back of my box so i can wire it?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us