Sound improvement :D

sonew
Unregistered guest
Hi everyone. A little while ago i asked for advice on this forum for my car. Going by everyone's suggestions i bought Infinity Kappa 6x9 3 ways for the rear. and due to some money constraints after buying the inifinitys i settled for blaupunkt GTx 132 for the front doors. 13 cm speakers that is. These speakers are all running now directly from the HU. I am quite pleased with the sound quality from the inifinity. PERFECT! but the thing is that i can barely even make out that the front speakers are working! The infinity provide a much louder volume at any vol level than the blaupunkts. I wanted my car to be filled up with music. but sadly i can make out that the voice is coming from the back. What can i do to correct this? And the infinitys are rated 110W RMS but they are currently running just 18W RMS each (max possible for my HU). HOw much of an effect will adding an AMP have on the sound output and sound quality? And which amplifier would be most suited for the job? I'm not planning on adding any sub woofers. It gets too much for me. Thanks a lot in advance

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 900
It will make a large difference to add an external amplifier. Are you planning on adding it to the front speakers? And have you tried using the fader on your head unit?

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 255
I'd just replace the fronts with infinity's too if your on a budget...wouldn't make sense to get an amplifier if you couldn't afford to match the brands of the speakers...just get the 5 1/4" infinity's (the .5i series) b/c you'll probably need 4 ohms, not 2 ohms)...it'll be cheaper than another amp and you'll improve your sound quality instantly...look on ebay...it should be less than $100 shipped.

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 86
Throw a component set up front. Make sure to amp it. Clarity and volume really comes out through speakers when they are amped. It doesn't really matter if you match brands for both rear fill and your front stage. That's all just a preference.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
Throwing a component set and amping it will cost too much...he went with blaupunkt instead of infinity 2-ways because of money...why would he be able to get a component set and amp it? that doesn't make sense at all...if you have the money thats great...but 2-ways will be just fine, offer you a noticeable upgrade, and only cost you $100

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 97
"Throwing a component set and amping it will cost too much...he went with blaupunkt instead of infinity 2-ways because of money...why would he be able to get a component set and amp it? that doesn't make sense at all...if you have the money thats great...but 2-ways will be just fine, offer you a noticeable upgrade, and only cost you $100"

Hell, you can get the Blaupunkt Overdrive components for less than $100 on wwww.ikesound.com. There are comp sets under 100 and power can be had cheap as well. If you want to buy a set of coaxials and run them off the HU then don't expect them to be anything special, no matter what coaxial you choose.

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
blaupunkt is entry level and even placed with lower end stuff at best buy and circuit city...wouldn't even be worth it to do that...because your talking $100 for crappy components, another $150 for a cheap a$$ amp and $20 for cheap a$$ wiring...that will be the worst $270 spent...trust me, just go with the coaxials.

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
If you want further noticeable sound quality improvement without getting an external amp...buy about 30-40 feet of stinger hpm speaker wire from sounddomain.com...and tap into the speaker wire behind your headunit and run your own high quality speaker wire...that will improve sound quality for cheap.

sonew
Unregistered guest
Thanks everyone.
i tried the fader but it just wastes my infinitys then and poor quality because of the blaupunkts.
Thanks for the inputs but i'm even more confused now.i got the blaupunkts for just 20$ and i get the idea that these will just not perform even with any amplification right? getting infinitys for the front will cost around a 100$ here which means no money for amp and also that both the pair of speakers will be running off the HU i.e. 18 W RMS for 110W rms speakers?
IF i get some slighlty cheap but high RMS speakers like soundstream/audiobahn for around 50$ having around 100W rms and install an ampt with approx 100Wx4 output. and a set of tweeters for the front. Will that correct my problem? and bring the sound stage to the middle?
i browsed the forum and understood that my soundstage is at the rear because of the tweeter and midrange on my rear infinity are performing better than the blaupunkts at the front which can barely be heard.
So basically Getting high powered speakers for front fill and a pair of tweeters for bringing the sound stage to an equal . and adding an amp for better sound output. HOw does it sound?

sonew
Unregistered guest
also what amplifier makers are good to look for? so that i can choose the model based on the output ratings.
And can somebody explain me one small thing. Can i have an amp giving 35 Rms to the front speakers and 100W rms for the rear? Or is the the output distributed equally?
HOw good are alpine amps?
Basically my prob would be that i live in india. i study in moscow though. thats where i bought the infinity 6x9 from for 120$ I'm now on holidays back in india so i cant put my hands on infinitys here. they will be too expensive considering the import duties for getting them. all i can do now i just buy an amp here in india and get the replacement speakers for the front when i come back again from moscow in 4 months.

Silver Member

Post Number: 273
only the 6x9's are 110 w...you have 5 1/4" up front...those are around 70 watts rms...

When the company ships, Just have them mark it as a gift for $10 value...

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us