Pics of my system

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 146
hi i know it might be not good lookin but it dont matter coz it's just for SPL porpuse. So i was wondering if anyone got any advices for making my system louder....i need more pressure...maybe i did something wrong building it so if someone thinks that i did it please let me know...im here to learn. Thanks...
PS:my box does vibrate lolUpload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 444
looks soo... audiobahn hehe .. is that ported i cant tell if not u could pick up some more dbs there

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 147
I have 2 4" ports, one on each side facing back of the trunk..

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 644
lol looks loud...i actually love audibahn really.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 445
i guess thats what the last pic is huh.. lol sorry its late

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 148
it aint that loud...last db drag comp i only hit a 142,4..... :-(

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 681
what is the box tuned to and where does your cabin peak at?

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 149
The box is tuned at 63 and the cabin peak should be arond 55-60, but im not sure coz i dunno how to measure it....

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 683
63 seems way to high

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 684
even for comps 63 seems way to high

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 150
Maybe i understood it wrong...the best result on measurament is 50Hz, and that's the frequency i play during comp.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 895
if your car resonantes at 50-60hz you should tune it around 7hzz lower than your cabin resonance frequency.because ported enclsoures peak about 7hz higher than tuned.

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 152
Thanks i didnt know it, so that means i should tune it around 48...what about if my sub fs is 45hz? How do i measure cabin resonance frequency?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3301
Audiobahn heres a trick for you take the sub box with the sub in it out of the car and run it in an open area and run test tones through it and listen for which frequency seems to be louder. Then place the box back in your vehicle and run the test again all this should be done at the same volume on the cd player inside and outside the car. This will give you an idea where your cabin frequency is. Make sure when you do these tests that you bass boost is all the way down. The results of these tests could be used more to your advantage if you had a hand held digital spl meter to use both inside and outside the car and see how much each frequency is being boosted by cabin gain compared to outside the car. You could map all that out on paper and get a graphed result. Another thing you could do is measure excursion rates at each frequency and test box rise as well to see how much power your getting to the sub. There are other tricks you could do as well but this info will suffice.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 137
Hi Don,
Sorry I havent written back. Check this out...
First lets start out by moving your amp and cap to the back of the box. The reason for that is to keep a better co efficient for the wave.
Next, and I know this sounds nuts but, you must bypass your fuses, DON'T use any fuses when competiting. I gaurantee we will see at least a .2 db gain from that alone. Now, since we've moved the amp and cap to the back of the box we can push the box forward. Positioning of the box is as important as anything. If my box moves 6" MY score will drop a 2 db. If I slide it all the way back I lose over 6 db, ya, wow. So your going to need to play around with positioning.
Now most importantly we need this box to have the correct volume and tuning.
E-mail me again with its internal volume and I will also need to know your current port length.
We're going to get this car burping more around 55 hz. I've got a killer 2 12" box for your ride but I know how expensive equipment is overthere so we'll jusyt work with what you've got.
Remember voltage is usually the key ingredient to consistency. When testing always monitor your battery voltage to keep accurate records. Also always write down on paper every time you change something or test.

Lastly, I know it may be hard to swing, but you relly need to buy a meter so you can test in a controlled environment, testing in the lanes is hard and time consuming. I can hook you up with one if you want.
Anywho, throw me a line, we'll talk about your box some more.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3302
Zac how much is the meter your talking about and who makes it?

Silver Member

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 153
tHANKS both to the new info you gave me. Zac how u doin? I'll send u an email with the box info tuning and dimensions. Hope we might end this problem and hit those 150s numbers LOL...

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 140
Hi don, ok. :-)

Hi sean, the meter we all test with is TermLab. I paid around 500 for mine, maybe it was a little more, can't recall.
http://www.termpro.com/storefront/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us