178.9 spl

anonymous name
Unregistered guest
these to guys own a van with mojo everything and right now the hold the loudest system with 178.9 on the scale and my good friend Quinton Simms has a big as smile on his face cause he is a group-e on the memphis ban wagon if i'm not mistaken one of his cars has memphis mojo and hit low 170's so i know he talkin cash sh!t to all the kicker and other sub woofers d!ck ryders out

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 919
I'm not sure what you're trying to say...

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 780
Are we talking about port wars here?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7995
who cares. he posted anon, and didn't give any sort of links to back up his claims.
he's talking out his a$$ till he actually gives up some verifiable data.
till then this thread is over as far as I'm concerned.

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 109
"these to guys own a van with mojo everything and right now the hold the loudest system with 178.9 on the scale and my good friend Quinton Simms has a big as smile on his face cause he is a group-e on the memphis ban wagon if i'm not mistaken one of his cars has memphis mojo and hit low 170's so i know he talkin cash sh!t to all the kicker and other sub woofers d!ck ryders out"

Scottie Johnson has the loudest system to date. I'm not sure who these Mojo guys you speak of are. Maybe a web site would help or some sort of proof.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8000
Mojo is a series of products from Memphis car audio.
I want to know how they were metered.. at the dash, sealed car, with a termlabs mic? or are we talking about that BS at the port measuring crap?

Silver Member
Username: Audiobass10

Cape Coral, FL United States

Post Number: 110
"Mojo is a series of products from Memphis car audio.
I want to know how they were metered.. at the dash, sealed car, with a termlabs mic? or are we talking about that BS at the port measuring crap?"

I'm fully aware what mojo's are by the way. I called them Mojo guys simply for the fact that he didn't say names. I've got a strong feeling this was super port metering.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3305
I stood at the loudest street drvable vehicle in the world with a bunch of memphis audio 12s in a wall in a van. He was using a bunch of ma audio core amps and had a wall in the van using six .75 mdf pieces of wood for his front baffle. I no this because he blew a 12 and was trying to repair it somehow so the sub was out of the enclosure and he told me about how thick his baffle was and wanted me to go look at it. This was a stock winshield and he said he blew three of them so far. I believe this measurement had to be legal dash postion because he wasnt the only person claiming him to be the loudest street drivable vehicle in the world.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3306
He was said to hit 170 db i think but it might have been higher. I cant remember.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2526
I agree with Glass, until I read the facts, I don't believe it!
I was under the impression that Pioneer stil held the record.

Silver Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 142
i also doubt it was measured with the termlab

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 143
Dave Ritcher, Scotty isn't even close to being the loudest spl vehicle. He doesnt even run super modified.

Sean, was the van your talkin about a full size, blue, with TEAM 420 on the side? lol Ya, those guys blew so many subs at finals during testing. They must have reconed 30 subs. His van tunes low too. We'd all just be sittin around n all the sudden brrrrrrrrrappppp outta no where. Would catch your attention real quick. They also had a grey astro van on the team.
Those guys build mostly for db drag but did well at Usaci world finals.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 135
2076_3123_228606468%2C00.html,http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/article/0,,2 076_3123_228606468,00.html

Is the google 1st on sound!

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8018
not that I follow SPL much anyway, nor am I outright calling anyone a liar. I jsut prefer to see the scores listed on a sanctioned organization's website before I put much stock in claims made third party on an internet message board. I'm sure you understand.

Bronze Member
Username: Kicker

Slave lake, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 82
what is highest dbs? proven of course

Bronze Member
Username: Jgut07

Post Number: 15
Speed of Sound in butler Pa has this really old looking van sitting outside of there shop ...its all stripped out right now with nothing in it..but on the back it says ....166.6 db...current world record holder.....pittsburgh pa on the back.....im sure this must have been a few years back..lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 144
Well to date Team Loud of Finland has the loudest overall vehicle in the world weighing in at 177.9
(6 DigitalDesigns 9915's and a few SPL Dynamics amps)

Silver Member
Username: Jonez788

Post Number: 130
Pioneer has the world record right now.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3309
Zac no I doubt this guy was team 420. I say guy because he was by himself he had a scruffy facial hair and grungy clothes not what youd expect lol. He had a ton of ma audio core amps in the back of that van.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3310
i cant remember the color but it may have been blue nothin special lookin trust me.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 145
ya, thats team 420. 420, think about it for a second lol. i'll find some pics and postem in here to to see if its them...

Jonez788, pioneer only had the record for one day, team loud broke it again the next day, using DD.

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 146
Upload

is this it sean?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3312
yup thats the one!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3313
he was at the nationals in Hagggerstown MD last year I believe it was. Alma gates was there too 11 alternators it was crazy with the jbl 5000 watt amp mounted on it

Gold Member

Post Number: 3314
by the way i didnt learn what 420 was about till like 2 years ago lol

Silver Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 147
lol, yup team 420, he blew so many subs at finals, they were parked about six cars down from ours, and his van was so loud when testing it would catch you off guard n kinda scare ya a bit because you never knew when it was comin.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3315
lol i never got to hear it. The guys here in lancaster hit like 172 db with 4 15 inch treos in a beat up subaru wagon runnin like 6000 watts i think but the doors were bolted shut with air guns and interior was lined with wood and i think the front seats were out. I was impressed.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3316
you had to listen close to hear anything outside the wagon

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2531
Kind of off the topic, but has anyone been able to measure the DB's of thunder?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us