1ohm 2ohm 4ohm?

Anonymous

i have 1 kicker L7 powered by an Autotek 750.1. The guy at the car audio store said the amp and L7 dont match. Can someone please explain how speakers are 1ohm 2 ohm and whatever else. i cant remember but i think he said my speaker was 4ohm. Does it make that big of a difference?

Anonymous

The Autotek is 400 WATTS X 1 CHANNELS @ 4 OHMS and 750 WATTS X 1 CHANNELS @ 2 OHMS. I think my L7 is 4ohms. I was about to buy another one but the guy said if i got a new amp it would sound alot better. what makes a sub 2ohm or 4ohm, i dont know how to tell the difference.

Audioguy22
Unregistered guest
The same model sub will come in 4 or 2 ohm. If you buy an amp
that runs cool & clean when bridged at two ohms, than you get a
2 ohm driver to get the most bang for your buck. If the amp is really 400 watts? than thats plenty of power for one woofer.

The sales guy is just trying to sell you more stuff. If the stuff you
have is still new, see if you can trade the sub you have for a 2ohm
sub. or get a second sub and run the two as one in 2 ohm mono.

Anonymous

Well the one Kicker L7 i have now is 750 rms and 1500 watts max. and im about to get another one. so i can see what he is talkin about.

Anonymous

is there a way to make a 4ohm L7 2ohm? What does wiring 2 subs parallel mean?

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 33
L7 is DVC 4ohm so the only way you can get it running at 2ohm is parallel connect for 1 sub. If you get 2 of them, there is no way for 2ohm wiring.
If you need to have 2 L7 DVC, the only options are: Parallel wiring (1ohm) and Serie wiring (4ohm)
hope that help.

Anonymous

it did. Im starting to understand all this stuff now. HOW DO YOU PARALLEL WIRE 2 DVC 4OHM SPEAKERS?

Anonymous

Someone else told me that if i parallel wire two 4ohm dvc L7's it will be on a 2ohm load. Which is it?

Bronze Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 37
NO.... if you parallel 2 DVC 4ohm you will get 1ohm load. As I already told you... there is no way of wiring for 2 DVC 4ohm to get 2ohm (it's impossible).

Bronze Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 38
OK... this is what it is

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/index.html#2dvcsp

Username: Bmac87

Post Number: 1
Winn, you sound intelligent please respond.....i have a 15 inch Kicker L7 4 Ohm, i have bridged it into 2 ohms, and am currently looking at the kicker 1200.1, im wondering if i can bridge the amp into 1 ohm in order to power my L7?

Bronze Member

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 48
b mac.. I don't really know what you mean but regarding about your equipment...
if you mean Kicker KX1200.1 right ???
This amp has a capable 1ohm stable.. below is the spec:
1200watts @ 1ohm
600watts @ 2ohm
300watts @ 4ohm

in order to max out to power your L7, you need 2 of KX1200.1 (it will work together) at 2ohm (1200watts).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us