? about DVC subs and wiring in parallel

Username: Ls2poweredgoat

Post Number: 1
I have two Audiobahn AW1251SE 12" 800 watt (400 rms) subs and an Audiobahn A8002T 2-channel amp. I understand that if I wire each sub in parallel to each channel of the amp, the impendance will drop to 2-ohms and I will achieve more power.

Here is my question, hold on, it gets tricky. Obviously, one positive and one negative go from amp to sub. Do I connect negative to one coil, and positive to the other coil? If that's correct, than I run a wire from the extra positve terminal on the sub to the other voice coils negative terminal?

I know this sounds confusing, but I really hope someone can help me out and explain it. I've been lurking on these boards for about a week now, alot of you have ALOT of knowledge when it comes to car audio.

Thanks alot, Nick.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 555
ok...its good that u havent like started like runnin ya mouth like alot of newbs do(cough thumpin wrangler) but
Whats the specs on ya amp and subs

Post Number: 2
Subs can handle 400 RMS, 800 max. And they are DVC.

Amp is pushin...

200 watt x 2 @ 4-ohms
400 watt x 2 @ 2-ohms (what I want!)
800 watt bridged

Is that helpful at all? If it matters, I have a Q-Logic TYPE 3 ported box. :-)

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 558
assuming ya subs are dual 4 ohms then you wire both positive and negative on each sub then wire em 2 eahc channel

Bronze Member
Username: Racer501

ND USA

Post Number: 60
hey nicholas i ben lookin at a set of those subs do u really know how good they sound and how durable the "Poly Coated 2 Layer Non Pressed Paper Cone" is i ben tryin to find out but i cant

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3014
The durability of the cone should the least of your worries. Paper cones are actually the best sounding, and are usually used in higher quality subs. Aluminum, Titanium, and Kevlar are used for strength purposes mostly, so you can't poke holes in the cone as easily. Audiobahn isn't known for high quality, and they have lots of issues with their subs' reliability. I would worry about the spider or voice coil breaking, the cone doesn't really matter.

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 62
thats kool to know then what is the matter with ther spider and voice coils then? i lookin into gettin a pair of the audiobahn 12" AW1251SE i have another thread its under audiobahns

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 68
sorry there i was lookin at the AW1251T i was lookin at the wronge page sorry

Post Number: 3
Every review I have read has done nothing but praise Audiobahn subs. I got these off of Ebay for about $85 (2 of em). If these blow, I'm going to get a pair of 500 watt rms Audiobahns with 2" RUBBER surround, for around $115.

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 69
well i guess the only way to find out is to go and purchase one yourself really any one have any good ideas on what kinda amp i should use? i eather gona get 2 subs or 4 subs idk what would the best amp be to get for 2 or 4?

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 72
how big is the diff between the rubber and foam surround?

Post Number: 4
Rubber is supposed to provide less distortion, from what I've heard.

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 75
ohhh well i ben on the audiobahn site and when u start to get up ther in quality they still use the foam but get a little higher and they use multi layer foam so idk

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3042
The surround material really has nothing to do with it. Lots of high quality companies use foam surround. My Ascendant Audio Avalanche has a foam surround, and so does the RE XXX and the Adire Brahma.

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 77
k thats good to know

Post Number: 5
AW1251T and AW1251SE are the EXACT same subs. The AW1251SE is a special edition of the AW1251T. The AW1251SE comes with DUBB edition grills and a slightly different design in the center of the cone. Other than that, they are EXACTLY the same.

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 79
alright then

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 83
u know how that AW1251T sounds then? and does any one know how long they last on average?

Post Number: 6
I've heard it at Circuit City, it sounds better than a comparable Infinity.

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 86
i think im gona go with 2 kicker comp vr's

Post Number: 7
Make sure you get one kickass amp to power those badboys.

Me and my buddy are hooking up my system today, if everything goes smooth and it sounds good, I'll let you know how the AW1251's sound. :-)

Bronze Member

ND USA

Post Number: 92
all right then thanks for letin me know what happens wit them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us