HU question

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 69
For $150 how good is this HU... I can't afford much, is there anything MUCH better for $150 or lower?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Pioneer-In-Dash-Cd-Player-DEH-P3700MP-/sem/rpsm/o id/115948/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Unregistered guest
looks like a good deal; i was in the store today and also a plus since they offer free install .
i had a DEH550MP, looks like a similar model and it was a really nice player.

best bet is go on epinions or ebay..but lookout for really high shipping costs on these sights...CC will allow you to pick up and install for free.

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 161
install is cake, took me a total of 30minutes not knowing what I was doing and reading the directions, mostly its self explainatory the wires are labeled. I bought a Kenwood Excelon KDC-X789 from ebay its a $350 in stores I bought it 200 bucks on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39751%26item%3D5778933815 %26%26, buy from ebay it will save you tons and you can get a good one for 150. just make sure its new. heres a 220 dollar HU from any store http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39752%26item%3D5778571393 %26 its 175 on ebay shipped brand new.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 426
Yeah, Chris, that headunit will work, but matthew is right...ebay is still going to offer the best price around especially if you're willing to buy used. And the install isn't that hard to do yourself.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 70
will that improve my speaker/sub volume and quality?

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 168
HU is one of the key items in a system, from quality to options, settings, volts on the pre-amp outputs its one of the main things to get no reason to go cheap

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 73
what is the difference in pre-out voltages and would something higher such as 4 or 5 be better than 2.2 or will i notice a difference? I am looking to spend in the range of 100-150 on ebay for something and would like the nicest I can get. Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 706
Per out voltage is the amount of voltage the deck sends to the amp over the rca wire. The advantage to a 5 volt or 8 volt over a 2 volt is how hard the amp has to work. If an amp is conected to a 8 volt pre out, it won't have to work as hard turning that 8 volt siginal into a 300 watt rms siginal. Since the amp isn't working as hard you get a cleaner signal.

I would try to stay with at least 4 volts. For your average system, that should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 707
Disraguard my last post

Pre Out voltage is the amount of voltage the deck sends to the amp over the rca wire. The advantage to a 5 volt or 8 volt over a 2 volt is how hard the amp has to work. If an amp is conected to a 8 volt pre out, it won't have to work as hard turning that 8 volt siginal into a 300 watt rms siginal, compared to the 2 volt siginal. Since the amp isn't working as hard you get a cleaner signal sent to the speakers, and better sound quality.

I would try to stay with at least 4 volts. For your average system, that should be fine.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 74
anyone reccomend any HU's for 100-150$ on ebay that would be at least 4 volts? I was also looking at the Pioneer 3700's and 4700's. How good are those, I am using a stock CD player right now and need a decent CD player upgrade. Thanks

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 75
to the top ^

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 77
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&c atalogId=13401&itemId=88088&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702& surfModel=CQ-C8301U&catGroupId=25028&surfCategory=CD%20Receivers&displayTab=S

What about that Panasonic CD player? It has 3, 5v outputs... Is that CD player overall better than the Pioneer 4700?

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 88
How good are Kenwood's? Right now they are my #1 option.

Username: Shunsmuse

Ca. Usa

Post Number: 5
I have a kenwood that came with a truck I just bought. It has a few EQ sound models but no other controls for bass, treble, fade or left/right. With my factory speakers and this head I've got $120 of instant listener fatigue. I suppose that would be true for most entry level equipment.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 673
It should have adjustments for left/right and a fader. Those adjustments have been around for years and are thought as a standard on nearly all CD players.

Username: Shunsmuse

Ca. Usa

Post Number: 10
It's the strangest feeling knowing that, and not being able to do it... I'd still advise to stretch a little and keep away from the bottom of entry level.

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 43
JeremyC,

A preamp is just that... a preamp... it is a signal.. the voltage at which it is sent only affects the sensitivity of the amp. Whether you have a 2V preamp or an 8V preamp the amplifier will require the same amount of power to output at a specified level.

Bronze Member
Username: Transam396

Mcdonough, Ga Usa

Post Number: 14
check out the kenwood kdc-4028 3 sets of 4v preouts plays mp3's and to me looks pretty good found it online for 129.00, 139.00 shipped waiting on it to come in now a good site to check prices is nextag.com put in part number and it will list you places that sell it and the price and what shipping will be
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us