Sealed, ported, bandpass...?..?

Bronze Member
Username: Kunit

Post Number: 40
I found measurements for all 3 kinds of boxes for my jensens..I listen to anything from rap to country. I want good bass for rap and good bass for metallica and heavy metal. Each kind of box performs different but I was thinking about ported because everyone seems to like ported and not too many people have ported boxes where i live. A bandpass box would be no use to me would it? Please point me in the right direction as to which box I should go with. I will also have 3 subs in the future..thats why im building a new box.

hiphophippopanonymous
Unregistered guest
i wo9uldnt bother with a bandpass, very crappy in my opinion, make some noises i dont care for, but besides that for rap ported is pretty ideal for the nice little bass kicks and mettalica is like that too, somen like zeplin would be nice for a sealed box becasue of how long the bass line lasts for the bass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
ok thanks! Ported it is! My grampy has some old wide wide boards...would boards be better than MDF?

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 174
MDF is going to be the best for your box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
MDF isnt the same as plywood is it..? Plywood is 45-50 bucks a sheet...isnt MDF cheaper?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us