Another offtopic car question...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 180
It's me again wondering about my car. I have a 2.0L 4 cyl automatic Mitsubishi Lancer ES. I also have (for my sound system) a Pioneer 470MP HU, 8 gauge wiring, an Alpine MRP-350 mono amp and 2 12" Sony Xplod's (the old ones). First off, are those old Sony's DECENT? I am not talking about the brand new ones here is a link http://shop.store.yahoo.com/discave/xssonxplod12.html. Second question is this, I am looking at putting a cheap cold air intake that I can buy off ebay for around $40. Also, I was looking at sticking in something called a Redline performance chip (very good ratings) which costs about $25. Would I notice a decent size difference in performance with my car if I put both of those in and are they worth it? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3184
honesly i would stay away from sony subs alltogether but its up to you

Gold Member

Post Number: 3185
for that kind of money do my dual 6.5 box

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 181
Well, I have them... and not going to get rid of them for a while until probably later this year when I might get 2 kicker cvr's but I don't know why people think the sony's are bad. I have beat out a 2 10" sony 1 12" alpine system and 2 12" RF's before as far as SPL. I can be heard 2-3 blocks away. The bass is clear, for the most part, not perfect but hey...

Bronze Member
Username: Dozyproductions

San Diego, California United States

Post Number: 96
MY friend is hooked up with sony Xplods because his dad works for the sony car audio/home audio or whatever. what happens is that he will take a pair of 12" xplods and install. he doesnt listen to music too loud and doesnt overpower the subs but theyll blow out in a month or two. but it works for him becuase its pretty much free. if you dont have this kind of hook up then stay away.

home audio = good
car audio = meh they needed something to satisfy sony fans. bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3186
Im not saying they cant hit Chris Im just leary on their quality of build but if they treat you right hey no worries then.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 182
They have been going with 350wrms to a 300wrms sub for about half a year now and not one single problem... I think the older ones are built better (yes, I have compared mine to 2 of the '05 round 12's and mine are 3 times as loud and 3-4 times as deep and clear). Anyone know about the car question?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 183
can anyone answer the car question please in my original post about the redline performance chip and cold air intake?

Bronze Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 38
can u post a link about the redline performance chip

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 184
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33597%26item%3 D7984086207%26

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 185
anyone?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 186
^

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 150
well the link for the performance chip doesnt work for me but cold intake filters add anywere from 7-15 extra horsepower and that chip would probably add about the same thing so your car will still be slow because it is a lancer but it would have more power than the stock one...also you should get an aftermarket exhaust(im not talking about only the loud muffler but the whole thing) those add about 7-12 more horsepower
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us