HOW DO I........

KICKERL712
Unregistered guest
I was wondering about this. OK! I want to get 2 kicker L7 12", the concern: should i get 4 OHM or 2 OHM because i want to run my amp at 2 OHMS p.s the amp is 1 OHM stable, and i was reading a earlier posting about impedance and i was wondering if the 4 OHM sub could handle a 2 OHM load. Also if i buy the 2 OHM sub how would i hook it up to run the amp at 2 OHMS??? Just hook it up straight??? PLEASE PLEASE RESPOND I NEED HELP WITH THIS SUBJECT I WANT ALL INPUT ANYONE CAN GIVE!!!!!!!!!!!THANKS GUYS ALOT!!!

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
the subs do not deal with the loads, they create the load. ohms is the resistance againts the electrical output of the amp. if you have less resistence (ie 1 ohm) the amp will put out more power. however if that power is more than ur subs can handle then it will blow them.

check to see how many watts the amp puts out at 1 ohm, if its withing your subs range then your good to go, if its more than what ur subs can handle then just dont turn it all the way up.

KICKERL712
Unregistered guest
Ok the only think I know is that they come in either 2 OHM or 4 OHM they both hold the same wattage 750 RMS - 1500watt MAX.

Username: Msx

Post Number: 8
Arent the subs 2-4 ohms any way? I didnt realise they sold them as either 2 or 4 ohms.

KICKERL712
Unregistered guest
yea they do sellem either 2 OHM or 4 OHM. Can you help me with my question?

WC
Unregistered guest
If the subs are DVC 4 ohms you cant get 2 ohms, if they are SVC 4 ohms you can get 2 ohms, I am pretty sure those subs are DVC so get the 2 ohm ones to get a 2 ohm load.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 166
yea most kickers(especially new ones) are dvc, get 2 dvc 2ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us