Just Ordered alot of dyanmat extreme, any opionions about it

Bronze Member
Username: Jb502

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 12
I just orderd the bulk pack of dynamat extreme for my 2000 ford f-250. Has anyone ever used dynamat extreme. If so how noticeable was the difference. I just want to know what to expect. It should arrive in about 5 days. I got 36 sq. ft. for 147 dollars including shipping, which is a good deal becuase it retails for 250.

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 37
should of went with edead its cheaper and just as good as dynamat and they make a roll on application for hard to reach and hard to skin places or as a base for the regular edead

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 13
yeah i have heard edead is as good, but I just figure you get what you pay for and dynamat is supposedly the best, which is why i started this thread, so someone that has used it could let me know if i wasted my money or what

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 33
no way man you didn't waste your money the extreme dynamat is the best i have used it on both of my cars i have about 7 sheets in my trunk the stuff is great. You will definately notice a db increase as well as sound quality. just make sure when you put it on you roll out the bubbles and put it on the metal wherever you need it. It can only help you won't be sorry.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 290
Complete waste of money.

Sound deadener is marketed like wire, RCAs and capacitors. You are paying $4/sqft for nothing more than tar, or butyl, or whatever else used, with a bit of aluminum on top. Using words like viscoelastic and elastomeric compounds, somehow it makes the same crap better.

The entire purpose to mat and liquid deadeners is to add mass to a panel, reducing the panels tendency to vibrate. Vibration = bass loss. Any material is capable of this. Weight might be a minor issue to some people, this being the only difference between products. But the amount of sound deadener you'd have to put in to make a noticeable difference would come to about 250lbs. This means you'd have to have about 800sqft of deadener before any difference in performance would be felt.

The stuff I use personally, costs about $0.66/sqft (and it's in Canadian dollars). I've used B-Quiet and Dynamat before, and noticed barely any difference other than to my bank account. There is practically no difference among sound deadeners.

15-20 bucks just to deaden your license plate when you buy a kit from BB or CC or Futureshop? It's one of the biggest ripoffs in the industry.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 17
well when i get it in 5 days and put it in. you can check back here and hopefully i will be able to inform you that you are wrong!

Anonymous

It is true I have 1 car done in edead and 1 done in a material a friend in the roofing biz gave me and you cannot tell a difference at all. I coulda saved a $100 dollars just by using this stuff. Its 1/8 thick compared to that crap thats what 40mils thick I have garbage bags thicker then that. And it works like a charm and didnt cost me a dime. And it doesnt stink at all like some people prolly think.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 20
well i just wanted to stick with the name brand that everyone says is the best

Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 1
say if i edead my whole trunk an make a custom trunk wit wood an i put the edead on the cars metal will it be betta than puttin it on the wood an will it keep my bass in the truck an go threw my back seat an rear deck in 2 the car

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 185
wtf?

Username: Hardhittinbass

Pittsburgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 2
iam sayin will it be batter if i but the edead on the cars metal in the trunk will it b better there instead of the wood

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 21
it is made for the metal not he wood

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 644
i use peel and seal. works good for me :-)

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 129
What's seal and peel? I used a sort of dynamat spray but i actually dont see any differences....

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 86
Dynamat extreme is good stuff, but as the others said def. other cheaper alternatives. I have 25sq ft of edead, rubberized undercoating,truck bed liner, foam pipe wrap, peal and seal, additional carpeting, polyfill squares and 40lbs of rubber sheets in mine and I paid the same amount as you. The edead costed about half of what I spent. Even got enough carpet to redo my entire place. I went with the edead only for the roof, just heard alot of people saying the peal and seal doesn't work too good on there and that it melts in hot climates.

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 41
hey AVA18... where can you find peel and seal at? local stores?... or is it only online...

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 483
You could have goten the same amount of the best edead and only 70 dollars including shipping. You got ripped off. Most people recommend edead for a reason, and dynamat is not brought up as beind the best all the time either.

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 181
dynamat xtreme is the best stuff out there...that's why it is also most expensive...its easy to apply and sticks forever (even upside down)...edeadv3 (the liquid), unless you take out everything in your car, its messy. Can sprays are also very messy and smell like sh!t. You can also find a bulk pack for $125 for 36^2 ft on ebay.

Just a little comparison...

Optima is the inventer of the quality deep cycle battery. All they do is batteries. So why would you go with something else when you want the best. Dynamat is the inventer of the quality sound dampener and all they do is come up with products to dampen. Dynamat xtreme is the best stuff to work with because it isn't messy and makes an extremely noticeable difference.

Bronze Member
Username: Ucfsaxman

Oviedo/orlando, Fl

Post Number: 35
agreed your exactly right that's what i was trying to say.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 302
When you have the largest markups in the entire car audio industry and market it in Big Box stores to people who don't know of the alternatives, you don't need to carry or develop other products.

Bronze Member

Omaha, NE

Post Number: 22
ryan, i hope your right, like i said when it comes in, I will definetely let people know whats up
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us