Amp for 12" Eclipse SW9122's

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 195
Hey, just wondering what a good amp would be for two of these bad boys. 1500 watt max, but the guys at Eclipse said they'll handle that into each voice coil for short bursts. I'm currently running 4,000 watt Eclipse DA7232, but I'm looking for something better. I have about $1,500 to spend, maybe more (if it's shweet). Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 153
are you looking for competition or daily driver? I wouldn't go over RMS for daily driver...

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
I'm going for a daily driver, but I want a really good amp for these bad boys. They'll handle about anything I give them, any ideas guys?

Silver Member

Post Number: 157
2 jl 1000/1's would hit the spot for $1500 and wire it to 4 ohms...you'll get ridiculous sound quality at that impedance...but again, eclipse said for short bursts, thats SPL competition...it'll sound like sh!t if you give them that much power over RMS. Just alot of SPL. So be easy on that gain control.

Silver Member

Post Number: 158
sorry typo...wire each amp to recieve a 2 ohm load...by wiring each in parallel to their respective amps.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
LOL! I'm going for SPL, I'm looking into two 3-4 cubic foot boxes tuned to 32Hz. :D

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
so your a daily driver, looking to give each powerful sub way over RMS, in a box that'll sound loud as sh!t if done right...umm...i'd say, treasure ur hearing while you have it now...

Silver Member

Post Number: 208
RMS on this amp is 800, MAX is 2,000 per channel. And I listen to rap/techno, and the boxes make them sound just fine. If I wanted to listen to rock and roll, I would have gotten a 10" in a sealed box. I've had plenty of systems like that, and I feel it's time to get down and dirty with the SPL. :D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us