Is there SQ at louder levels? beuler?

i love women
Unregistered guest
i hear alot of sound quality this and sound quality that. and the other day i was looking at at forum in which one guys wrote:

"at 140 dB's there is no sound quality"

is this true? if you had a brahma playing late nite tip by 3 6 mafia at full blast and its highest db level was say 142 would you still be able to make out all the bass notes??????? or would it just sound muddy?

anonafkljsdf
Unregistered guest
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Skrilluh

Post Number: 38
I still have good sound quality at over 140 db...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3199
good question at that 140 db can you enjoy it anymore? My answer is no not for long. And yes a car can sound clear that loud but at that spl how long will you be able to hear that beautifull sound before you start loosing hearing?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4220
It's definately possible for speakers to be clean at 140 db (although there are few that can do it), but 140db is still a strain on the ear. The human ear is very sensitive in the midrange and upper midrange region (2-5khz), that is for a reason, it is the frequency region that you'll hear crying babies, or nagging wives for that matter :-). At low volumes, assuming the system is set flat, this is the most prominent sound you'll hear. That is why the louder the system gets, the more prominent bass and treble become, it's also the reason that head units offer the loudness function. Around 85db, your hearing is the flattest that it will be. Above that, the ear begins percieving bass and treble as more prominent, and once you get high enough they can become harsh. Ever read reviews that say "treble is harsh at high volumes" or "needs a lot of power to hear the bass"? A lot of that is because of how the human ear percieves volume.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3459
I think they say at 115db, your hearing deteriorates after 5 mins (give or take a few) of exposure.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3460
If females had deep nagging voice, would guys listen more?

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 179
hahaha some do ................

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3207
lol no ...i think its just the nagging factor

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 180
what is the nagging factor measured in?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4222
"If females had deep nagging voice, would guys listen more?"

They'd just have to listen harder for it. Either that or it would be that much easier for it to ignore :-)

Username: Diamondman

Post Number: 8
lol at 145 db on my old system there was tons ofsq. it wounded great that guy had either a shitty system or a shitty system lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us