Question regarding an amp on car speakers

Username: Obsidianmhg

Post Number: 1
Alright, I'm a serious newbie here on a tight budget so bare with me. I replaced all my stock speakers in my car with 4 Pioneer 160W 4 OHM 6.5's. My deck is 4 x 45w, and I just wanted to improve the bass quality. I can't really afford subs right now, so I was wondering if buying a cheap say ($100) amp help my system at all? Until I am able to buy subs. Is it worth it or even possible?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1485
don't bother
get a small self amplified bass tube for about the same price instead.
that's what you actually need.

Username: Obsidianmhg

Post Number: 2
Self amplified bass tube? What are those?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1509
go to eBay
search for "bazooka amplified"
find a 6.5" or 8" SAS Bazooka bass-tube.
it's a sub, built into a tubular enclosure, ported, with it's own amplifier built into the back of the tube.
all you do is connect it using RCAs to the ehad unit, or tap into the rear speakers for a high level input (RCA is better) and ground the tube near the sub, then run an 8AWG power line to the battery terminal. it disconnects easily with one wiring harness you unplug if extra space is needed.
the cost is around $100-$150.
great fix if ya want to add a bit of bss to an existing system.

Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 2
Mike if you are considering a bass tube I have several types & would be more than happy to get you the info on all of them. I even have a few sub's that I can meet your budget if you'd like? Just drop me a message & we'll go from there.

Thanks

Mike

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 14
Mike you wanted me to contact you but your profile won't except messages or emails???? Email me again & leave me a way to contact you & then we can figure out what you need. Thanks

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us