Abc's are the shiznit

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 266
so these abc boxes are suppose to be the sh!t i hear from a couple of posts. what makes them so effect. also i hear they are used with 2 small woofers 6.5 and 10's what if like 2 12s were used?

Anonymous

You would need a big vehicle?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 711
im doing it with one 15... i forget but i think its like 10.9 cuft exterior

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 3160
the size of the abc box depends on the thiel small parmeters of the speaker. The way I model them is i run the specs and set the speaker for a maximum flat curve to the fs of the speaker. Then i split the total in two parts 66.666 percent and 33.333 percent and port the largest chamber to the fs of the speaker and make the second chambers port the same length, Now because each chamber has a different volume they have different port tunes and what seems to happen is that the second port tune peaks an octave apart form the first port tune. So if your first port tune was 35 hz your second chamber would peak at 70 hz. The other intresting thing is the effect it has on box rise. Box rise is the measure of resistance a given frequency has over the actual bridged output of the amplifier. (bridged in this case) As you can see the lower this is the better cutting it in half doubles your delivered power to the speaker. Couple this with your cars cabin boost and resonant frequency and you got a sick amount of spl goin on. The box design isnt a perfect one but has alot of potential.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3161
i fogot to add there is a third port joining both chambers internally

Gold Member

Post Number: 3162
i have a dual chamber abc box with two 6.5 hittiing at least 127 db windows up at 43 hz running 140 rms and prob 2 db louder windows down.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 114
where do i get these abc boxes...i would love to test one out on one of my 15" brahmas...

Gold Member

Post Number: 3163
you make one

Gold Member

Post Number: 3164
you have to make sure you have enough port or your box will not work the best

Silver Member

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 115
ah...ok

Bronze Member
Username: Gino0809

Post Number: 52
i heard the abc box limits the excursion of the sub so you can put more power to the sub...how does that work?

Bronze Member
Username: Big_oso

Post Number: 30
where can i get plans for the abc box and is the design universal for subs acording to size

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 279
Instrustions on how to build:

http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=064764#000000

Each subwoofer will react differently in every type of enclosure, so there is no such thing as a universal enclosure that will give maximum results.

Silver Member

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 125
hey thanks...i was lookin for that kinda stuff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us