What to get to make my Acura Legend rattle with BASS?

Anonymous

I have a '95 4-door Acura Legend with the following: Alpine CDA-9855 deck, Alpine Type R component 6 1/2", Alpine Type R 6x9s in the back and Pyramid 600watt amp powering them. I'm a "bass junkie" and listen to a lot of rap and techno. Please give me your suggestions on what sub/amp combo to get to have enough bass to get a good "back massage". The better value the better.
Thank you!

Username: Earl

Lexington, Ky Us

Post Number: 9
first of all how much $ will you be able to spend. You cant really go for low grade products and expect to be high quality bass.

Username: Dirky

Post Number: 3
get a couple 15" solobarics and a huge mmats amp or a us amp. that'll give your back a good massage :-)

Anonymous

ear hall wallace, I don't have a set budget, but I wouldn't want to spend any more than I have to. The bottom line is I want there to be enough bass to be heard on the street when I'm driving by :-). 15" would probably be too big for my trunk, I'm thinking more along the lines of 12". How much power do you think I need to make a full size sedan shake? Also, any suggestions on makes and models would be greatly appreciated.
Once again, thank you to whoever takes their time respond!

Bronze Member
Username: Livinloud7

Post Number: 15
If you want pure bass then a couple of 12" Kicker L7's will be more than enough. You didnt mention Sound Quality so id assume thats not as important to you...

Anonymous

How many watts do I need at the least? What kind of an amp? Mono or 2-channel?

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 190
mtx 421d for the amp, then get 2 12" mtx 4500's

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX421D
amp

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTXT451204
subs

i have this same set up, and now i cant stop my car from rattling, im gonna have to get dynamat sooner or later cuz the rattling is so bad on the outside

Anonymous

Thank you Lee! I do have to admitt though, I am somewhat skeptical that 400watts would be enough for 2 12" in a full size sedan. What do you guys think?

KMARTXR
Unregistered guest
i have a 4 door 93 civic, 2 12" kenwood w3009 plus a amp that puts out 400rms is plenty, i enjoyed my back massage and had rattles out the a$$. my friend could hear the bass at his house 1/4 mile down the road.

he kenwoods are a little cheaper but still sound great. however i would take the mtx or kicker over kenwood anyday :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us